Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Dream House for Sale, Extended Renovation Work Causes Tension Between the Couple
By Riza Ornos | July 9, 2014 9:55 AM EST
After spending $11 million for the Bel Air estate in June 2013 and a fortune renovation, controversial couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West decided to sell their dream house. Based on new reports, the duo changed their minds and will not move in after a year of construction and is now "looking into other possibilities," a source confirmed to HollywoodLife.
Rapper Kanye West arrives at a fashion designer shop in Paris May 22, 2014. .
Since the renovations are taking longer than what they expect, the newlyweds are looking for other possibilities and it seems that making money is more lucrative than moving in to a new place. "By no means is the house on the market. It's still in the process of being renovated but no definite plan to sell it has been made by any means," an insider told Us Weekly.
Known for their high demands and being a perfectionist, it's no surprise that Kimye wanted to renovate the Mediterranean-style mansion before they can call it a home. But after a year of waiting and endless construction, the pair is now considering selling it and will do it like Ellen DeGeneres, who made a fortune for flipping her new mansion.
"Kim Kardashian and Kanye West don't see bedrooms and bathrooms in their new mansion ... they see dollar signs ... and that's why they're going to sell it and officially enter the house-flipping market," TMZ reports. "Their plan going in was to live in it, but sources connected with the couple tell us ... they've been told they could make millions if they sell it so, like Ellen, they're saying 'Why not?"
The gossip Web site also revealed that the "Jesus Walks" rapper and "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" star enjoyed the renovation so much that they decided to have a house flipping business on the side. So instead of moving in to their new home, the couple are still stuck with Kris Jenner and plans to renovate a few houses/estates per year.
The drawn-out building work and extended renovations time is reportedly causing a conflict between the couple and according to Life & Style report earlier this year, Kanye is "impossible to please." Now Kim and Kanye are considering a place close to Kris Jenner's Hidden Hills estate, or close to her sisters in Calabasas, Calif.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown