Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Dream House for Sale, Extended Renovation Work Causes Tension Between the Couple
By Riza Ornos | July 9, 2014 9:55 AM EST
After spending $11 million for the Bel Air estate in June 2013 and a fortune renovation, controversial couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West decided to sell their dream house. Based on new reports, the duo changed their minds and will not move in after a year of construction and is now "looking into other possibilities," a source confirmed to HollywoodLife.
Rapper Kanye West arrives at a fashion designer shop in Paris May 22, 2014. .
Since the renovations are taking longer than what they expect, the newlyweds are looking for other possibilities and it seems that making money is more lucrative than moving in to a new place. "By no means is the house on the market. It's still in the process of being renovated but no definite plan to sell it has been made by any means," an insider told Us Weekly.
Known for their high demands and being a perfectionist, it's no surprise that Kimye wanted to renovate the Mediterranean-style mansion before they can call it a home. But after a year of waiting and endless construction, the pair is now considering selling it and will do it like Ellen DeGeneres, who made a fortune for flipping her new mansion.
"Kim Kardashian and Kanye West don't see bedrooms and bathrooms in their new mansion ... they see dollar signs ... and that's why they're going to sell it and officially enter the house-flipping market," TMZ reports. "Their plan going in was to live in it, but sources connected with the couple tell us ... they've been told they could make millions if they sell it so, like Ellen, they're saying 'Why not?"
The gossip Web site also revealed that the "Jesus Walks" rapper and "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" star enjoyed the renovation so much that they decided to have a house flipping business on the side. So instead of moving in to their new home, the couple are still stuck with Kris Jenner and plans to renovate a few houses/estates per year.
The drawn-out building work and extended renovations time is reportedly causing a conflict between the couple and according to Life & Style report earlier this year, Kanye is "impossible to please." Now Kim and Kanye are considering a place close to Kris Jenner's Hidden Hills estate, or close to her sisters in Calabasas, Calif.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate