Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Dream House for Sale, Extended Renovation Work Causes Tension Between the Couple
By Riza Ornos | July 9, 2014 9:55 AM EST
After spending $11 million for the Bel Air estate in June 2013 and a fortune renovation, controversial couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West decided to sell their dream house. Based on new reports, the duo changed their minds and will not move in after a year of construction and is now "looking into other possibilities," a source confirmed to HollywoodLife.
Rapper Kanye West arrives at a fashion designer shop in Paris May 22, 2014. .
Since the renovations are taking longer than what they expect, the newlyweds are looking for other possibilities and it seems that making money is more lucrative than moving in to a new place. "By no means is the house on the market. It's still in the process of being renovated but no definite plan to sell it has been made by any means," an insider told Us Weekly.
Known for their high demands and being a perfectionist, it's no surprise that Kimye wanted to renovate the Mediterranean-style mansion before they can call it a home. But after a year of waiting and endless construction, the pair is now considering selling it and will do it like Ellen DeGeneres, who made a fortune for flipping her new mansion.
"Kim Kardashian and Kanye West don't see bedrooms and bathrooms in their new mansion ... they see dollar signs ... and that's why they're going to sell it and officially enter the house-flipping market," TMZ reports. "Their plan going in was to live in it, but sources connected with the couple tell us ... they've been told they could make millions if they sell it so, like Ellen, they're saying 'Why not?"
The gossip Web site also revealed that the "Jesus Walks" rapper and "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" star enjoyed the renovation so much that they decided to have a house flipping business on the side. So instead of moving in to their new home, the couple are still stuck with Kris Jenner and plans to renovate a few houses/estates per year.
The drawn-out building work and extended renovations time is reportedly causing a conflict between the couple and according to Life & Style report earlier this year, Kanye is "impossible to please." Now Kim and Kanye are considering a place close to Kris Jenner's Hidden Hills estate, or close to her sisters in Calabasas, Calif.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage