Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Dream House for Sale, Extended Renovation Work Causes Tension Between the Couple
By Riza Ornos | July 9, 2014 9:55 AM EST
After spending $11 million for the Bel Air estate in June 2013 and a fortune renovation, controversial couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West decided to sell their dream house. Based on new reports, the duo changed their minds and will not move in after a year of construction and is now "looking into other possibilities," a source confirmed to HollywoodLife.
Rapper Kanye West arrives at a fashion designer shop in Paris May 22, 2014. .
Since the renovations are taking longer than what they expect, the newlyweds are looking for other possibilities and it seems that making money is more lucrative than moving in to a new place. "By no means is the house on the market. It's still in the process of being renovated but no definite plan to sell it has been made by any means," an insider told Us Weekly.
Known for their high demands and being a perfectionist, it's no surprise that Kimye wanted to renovate the Mediterranean-style mansion before they can call it a home. But after a year of waiting and endless construction, the pair is now considering selling it and will do it like Ellen DeGeneres, who made a fortune for flipping her new mansion.
"Kim Kardashian and Kanye West don't see bedrooms and bathrooms in their new mansion ... they see dollar signs ... and that's why they're going to sell it and officially enter the house-flipping market," TMZ reports. "Their plan going in was to live in it, but sources connected with the couple tell us ... they've been told they could make millions if they sell it so, like Ellen, they're saying 'Why not?"
The gossip Web site also revealed that the "Jesus Walks" rapper and "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" star enjoyed the renovation so much that they decided to have a house flipping business on the side. So instead of moving in to their new home, the couple are still stuck with Kris Jenner and plans to renovate a few houses/estates per year.
The drawn-out building work and extended renovations time is reportedly causing a conflict between the couple and according to Life & Style report earlier this year, Kanye is "impossible to please." Now Kim and Kanye are considering a place close to Kris Jenner's Hidden Hills estate, or close to her sisters in Calabasas, Calif.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown