Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Dream House for Sale, Extended Renovation Work Causes Tension Between the Couple
By Riza Ornos | July 9, 2014 9:55 AM EST
After spending $11 million for the Bel Air estate in June 2013 and a fortune renovation, controversial couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West decided to sell their dream house. Based on new reports, the duo changed their minds and will not move in after a year of construction and is now "looking into other possibilities," a source confirmed to HollywoodLife.
Rapper Kanye West arrives at a fashion designer shop in Paris May 22, 2014. .
Since the renovations are taking longer than what they expect, the newlyweds are looking for other possibilities and it seems that making money is more lucrative than moving in to a new place. "By no means is the house on the market. It's still in the process of being renovated but no definite plan to sell it has been made by any means," an insider told Us Weekly.
Known for their high demands and being a perfectionist, it's no surprise that Kimye wanted to renovate the Mediterranean-style mansion before they can call it a home. But after a year of waiting and endless construction, the pair is now considering selling it and will do it like Ellen DeGeneres, who made a fortune for flipping her new mansion.
"Kim Kardashian and Kanye West don't see bedrooms and bathrooms in their new mansion ... they see dollar signs ... and that's why they're going to sell it and officially enter the house-flipping market," TMZ reports. "Their plan going in was to live in it, but sources connected with the couple tell us ... they've been told they could make millions if they sell it so, like Ellen, they're saying 'Why not?"
The gossip Web site also revealed that the "Jesus Walks" rapper and "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" star enjoyed the renovation so much that they decided to have a house flipping business on the side. So instead of moving in to their new home, the couple are still stuck with Kris Jenner and plans to renovate a few houses/estates per year.
The drawn-out building work and extended renovations time is reportedly causing a conflict between the couple and according to Life & Style report earlier this year, Kanye is "impossible to please." Now Kim and Kanye are considering a place close to Kris Jenner's Hidden Hills estate, or close to her sisters in Calabasas, Calif.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness