Simple Tweak to Speed Up Android Devices Phenomenally
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 9, 2014 9:47 AM EST
Search giant Google's Android OS is known for its flexibility, agility, and usability. Although there are lots of tips and tricks available online to enhance the Android user experience, the single tweak mentioned in this post can provide a whole lot of difference in the performance. Also this tweak does not require any external help from third-party apps. Therefore, the in-built settings in Android phones can be used to improve the speed.
Students walk out of Samsung Electronics' headquarters in Seoul July 7, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Tuesday said operating profit likely fell 24.5 percent in April-June, its lowest in two years due to slowing growth in the company's cash cow smartphone business and the strength of the South Korean won. Picture taken July 7, 2014.
iPhone 6 on Release Date Will Provide Only Marginal Battery Improvement; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 to Use Sapphire Crystal
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. HTC One Mini 2 – Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Faceoff
The following tweak allows Android device owners to speed up the "transition animations" that come into picture when switching from one app to another and also when a new window is opened or closed. This animation setting can be tweaked to improve the speed of the device, according to BGR.
In order to tweak this particular setting, navigate to the "Developer Options" settings in any Android smartphone. Depending on the type of phone, this particular option will be housed under different subsections of the main "Settings." Moreover, this option might also be hidden in several smartphones. Hence perusing the housed settings could help in locating the "Developer Options".
Once the "Developer Options" setting is located, scroll down until the following three sections/settings are found. Depending on the phone, these three settings could be located on the main screen or part of the advanced option.
- Window animation scale
- Transition animation scale
- Animator duration scale
Users can tap these settings to see the default value. The value "Animation scale 1x" will be set for each one of these settings by default. To speed up the Android device, alter the value of each of these three settings to "Animation scale .5x." Also, once the changes are made to the settings, the Android launcher should be restarted.
Here are the steps to restart the Android launcher: Open the Settings screen -> tap Apps -> swipe over to All Category -> scroll down and tap the Launcher app. This simple tweak should provide phenomenal speed boost to the Android device.
According to GeekOFreak, here are some of the useful tips to follow in order to maintain a high-performing smartphone:
- Delete unused and inactive apps
- Remove unwanted widgets and shortcuts from the screen
- Clear "App Cache" periodically
- Less frequently used "downloaded apps/games" should be moved to microSD card instead of the phone memory.
- In order to make the app launching easier, download any of the free "app launchers" available in Google Play Store.
Nexus 6 vs. LG G3 - Early Specifications, Features and Price Comparison
Samsung Galaxy Tab S (8.4-Inches) vs. Nexus 8 (8.9-Inches) - Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
OnePlus One vs. LG G3: Specifications, Features and Price Comparison
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles