Ellen DeGeneres Earns $15M Profit in $55M LA Mansion Sales to Sean Parker
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 9, 2014 9:37 AM EST
American talk show host Ellen DeGeneres is $15 million richer after she sold her modernist Brody mansion in Los Angeles Westside to Napster co-founder Sean Parker in an off-market deal for a staggering $55 million.
The daytime talk show host bought the famous A. Quincy Jones designed mansion for only $39.888 million last winter. DeGeneres and her husband Portia de Rossi have just lived in the sprawling home for just six months.
In an article from TMZ, the 34-year old tech billionaire approached the couple in June with the offer that even though they never intend to sell the LA mansion, the 56-year-old host could not refuse a good deal.
"He [Parker] went nuts over the famous house and Ellen's interior design," the Web site reported. The escrow closed last Thursday and was completed in just a matter of eight days. The real estate agent Kurt Rappapport of Westside Estate Agency took care of the deal. TMZ stated that the broker did not comment on the real estate sale.
Acording to Daily Mail, the 13,511-square-foot Midcentury modern Brody home was considered a magnum opus of sophistication and glamour. The renowned dwelling boosts of floor-to-ceiling glass walls with a central living room/atrium. The renowned home is set in an expansive 2.3 acres with nine bedrooms, 7.5 bathrooms, and 11,511 square feet of living space complete with flawless wood features, smooth walled interiors, and featured marble floors. The ground is also equipped with a tennis court, spa, Olympic sized swimming pool, gym, and a pool/guesthouse.
The luxurious property was built in 1950 for Sidney Brody who was a real estate developer and her wife Frances Brody who was a modernist art collector. It was extensively renovated for three years by the then investor-owner. It was listed in the Multiple Listing Service and was sold for $14.888 million in 2010.
After the LA mansion sales, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi who have been married for six years bought the entire floor of a condo in the Beverly West complex for only $16 million as per TMZ. The pair combined the two units of the exclusive complex which will serve as their new base while in Los Angeles. They also owned a six bedroom mega estate in Santa Barbara, California which is prized at $26 million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS