Court Sends Handsome Felon Jeremy Meeks to Federal Custody, Could Lead to Longer Prison Term
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 9, 2014 8:57 AM EST
Handsome felon Jeremy Meeks was turned over to federal custody on Tuesday after he appeared in a Stockton court briefly, wearing an orange prison jumpsuit and handcuffs.
The career handlers of handsome felon Jeremy Meeks previously pulled all strings to have the potential male super model out on bail and restart his life from behind bars to the catwalk.
Stockton Police Department photo shows Jeremy Meeks, 30, arrested on June 18, 2014 in a gang crackdown in a crime-ridden area of Stockton, California. The mugshot of Meeks, a convicted felon, went viral on a police Facebook page this week, making him an instant celebrity with Web users who have called him "handsome" and clicked "like" on his picture more than 64,000 times.
Part of their strategy is to present him as model material when he appears before the court. His lawyer even sought designer clothes for Meeks so that he doesn't have to appear in court in standard orange prisoner's garb but in branded suit and trousers.
Tai Bogan, his lawyer, said, "We are talking to designers to provide clothing for him during this case. We want him to look as good as possible in the court. We are worried that current pictures of him in prison garb will mean he will not get a fair trial," quoted by celebrity gossip blog site Perez Hilton.
Bogan said he want to take the felon's measurement to be sure the clothes that Meeks would wear during the trial would fit his physique.
However, TMZ reports that the judge handling his case rejected the motion be that Meeks filed that he be permitted to wear custom-fitted clothes instead of the standard orange jumpsuit and handcuffs.
With the judge's decision, the lawyer said they will file a motion to stop the media from taking photos or videos of his client at the hearing slated next week.
It seems that modeling is really on the mind of Meeks or his handlers that they even turned down a $100,000 offer for the handsome felon to star in a porno movie, even if his handler, Gina Rodriguez, is a former porn actress.
However, part of the benefits of his being under the federal legal system is that taking photos and videos is not allowed, sparing him of having more images in prison garb in media.
But he may have to wait longer before he could start a modelling career since federal gun charges could lead to longer prison sentence with one charge lasting up to 10 years and a fine of $250,000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks