World Cup Semifinals: Brazil vs. Germany Live Streaming Info and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | July 9, 2014 2:09 AM EST
Down to four squads in Brazil and the hosts are hoping to get another victory that will tow them to the championship round of the 2014 World Cup. Germany will look to spoil the celebration around the country however and look to take advantage of a Neymar-less Brazilian side.
Brazil's Neymar grimaces as he is carried off the pitch after being injured during their 2014 World Cup quarter-finals against Colombia at the Castelao arena in Fortaleza July 4, 2014.
Luiz Felipe Scolari, Brazil’s head coach have accepted the fact that if they want to win this World Cup they have to do it without their star player.
"He has done his share, now it’s up to us to do our share,” said Brazil coach Scolari via the tournament’s official website.
"This match we'll be playing not just for ourselves but for our country, for everything we've ever dreamed of, but also for Neymar and everything he's done for us. Within our group, we've accepted that. We've left our sad phase behind and we're focusing on other things."
Brazil will have the entire country behind them but that doesn’t worry Jerome Boateng, one of the top defenders for the German side.
"The whole stadium will be against us, which I guess it should be an additional motivation. We will have a huge test in front of us,” admitted Boateng at FIFA.com.
"We have to go into the match with full concentration and impose our way of playing. I am highly motivated, I can't wait to play the game."
Selecao and Die Mannschaft have met 19 times before and Brazil has dominated with 12 wins against 5 losses and 4 draws.
The last time these two squads met in this big a stage was in the 2002 World Cup when the Ronaldo-backed Brazil squad defeated Germany, 2-0.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools