World Cup Semifinals: Brazil vs. Germany Live Streaming Info and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | July 9, 2014 2:09 AM EST
Down to four squads in Brazil and the hosts are hoping to get another victory that will tow them to the championship round of the 2014 World Cup. Germany will look to spoil the celebration around the country however and look to take advantage of a Neymar-less Brazilian side.
Brazil's Neymar grimaces as he is carried off the pitch after being injured during their 2014 World Cup quarter-finals against Colombia at the Castelao arena in Fortaleza July 4, 2014.
Luiz Felipe Scolari, Brazil’s head coach have accepted the fact that if they want to win this World Cup they have to do it without their star player.
"He has done his share, now it’s up to us to do our share,” said Brazil coach Scolari via the tournament’s official website.
"This match we'll be playing not just for ourselves but for our country, for everything we've ever dreamed of, but also for Neymar and everything he's done for us. Within our group, we've accepted that. We've left our sad phase behind and we're focusing on other things."
Brazil will have the entire country behind them but that doesn’t worry Jerome Boateng, one of the top defenders for the German side.
"The whole stadium will be against us, which I guess it should be an additional motivation. We will have a huge test in front of us,” admitted Boateng at FIFA.com.
"We have to go into the match with full concentration and impose our way of playing. I am highly motivated, I can't wait to play the game."
Selecao and Die Mannschaft have met 19 times before and Brazil has dominated with 12 wins against 5 losses and 4 draws.
The last time these two squads met in this big a stage was in the 2002 World Cup when the Ronaldo-backed Brazil squad defeated Germany, 2-0.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June