World Cup Semifinals: Brazil vs. Germany Live Streaming Info and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | July 9, 2014 2:09 AM EST
Down to four squads in Brazil and the hosts are hoping to get another victory that will tow them to the championship round of the 2014 World Cup. Germany will look to spoil the celebration around the country however and look to take advantage of a Neymar-less Brazilian side.
Brazil's Neymar grimaces as he is carried off the pitch after being injured during their 2014 World Cup quarter-finals against Colombia at the Castelao arena in Fortaleza July 4, 2014.
Luiz Felipe Scolari, Brazil’s head coach have accepted the fact that if they want to win this World Cup they have to do it without their star player.
"He has done his share, now it’s up to us to do our share,” said Brazil coach Scolari via the tournament’s official website.
"This match we'll be playing not just for ourselves but for our country, for everything we've ever dreamed of, but also for Neymar and everything he's done for us. Within our group, we've accepted that. We've left our sad phase behind and we're focusing on other things."
Brazil will have the entire country behind them but that doesn’t worry Jerome Boateng, one of the top defenders for the German side.
"The whole stadium will be against us, which I guess it should be an additional motivation. We will have a huge test in front of us,” admitted Boateng at FIFA.com.
"We have to go into the match with full concentration and impose our way of playing. I am highly motivated, I can't wait to play the game."
Selecao and Die Mannschaft have met 19 times before and Brazil has dominated with 12 wins against 5 losses and 4 draws.
The last time these two squads met in this big a stage was in the 2002 World Cup when the Ronaldo-backed Brazil squad defeated Germany, 2-0.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch