World Cup Semifinals: Brazil vs. Germany Live Streaming Info and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | July 9, 2014 2:09 AM EST
Down to four squads in Brazil and the hosts are hoping to get another victory that will tow them to the championship round of the 2014 World Cup. Germany will look to spoil the celebration around the country however and look to take advantage of a Neymar-less Brazilian side.
Brazil's Neymar grimaces as he is carried off the pitch after being injured during their 2014 World Cup quarter-finals against Colombia at the Castelao arena in Fortaleza July 4, 2014.
Luiz Felipe Scolari, Brazil’s head coach have accepted the fact that if they want to win this World Cup they have to do it without their star player.
"He has done his share, now it’s up to us to do our share,” said Brazil coach Scolari via the tournament’s official website.
"This match we'll be playing not just for ourselves but for our country, for everything we've ever dreamed of, but also for Neymar and everything he's done for us. Within our group, we've accepted that. We've left our sad phase behind and we're focusing on other things."
Brazil will have the entire country behind them but that doesn’t worry Jerome Boateng, one of the top defenders for the German side.
"The whole stadium will be against us, which I guess it should be an additional motivation. We will have a huge test in front of us,” admitted Boateng at FIFA.com.
"We have to go into the match with full concentration and impose our way of playing. I am highly motivated, I can't wait to play the game."
Selecao and Die Mannschaft have met 19 times before and Brazil has dominated with 12 wins against 5 losses and 4 draws.
The last time these two squads met in this big a stage was in the 2002 World Cup when the Ronaldo-backed Brazil squad defeated Germany, 2-0.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best