World Cup Semifinals: Brazil vs. Germany Live Streaming Info and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | July 9, 2014 2:09 AM EST
Down to four squads in Brazil and the hosts are hoping to get another victory that will tow them to the championship round of the 2014 World Cup. Germany will look to spoil the celebration around the country however and look to take advantage of a Neymar-less Brazilian side.
Brazil's Neymar grimaces as he is carried off the pitch after being injured during their 2014 World Cup quarter-finals against Colombia at the Castelao arena in Fortaleza July 4, 2014.
Luiz Felipe Scolari, Brazil’s head coach have accepted the fact that if they want to win this World Cup they have to do it without their star player.
"He has done his share, now it’s up to us to do our share,” said Brazil coach Scolari via the tournament’s official website.
"This match we'll be playing not just for ourselves but for our country, for everything we've ever dreamed of, but also for Neymar and everything he's done for us. Within our group, we've accepted that. We've left our sad phase behind and we're focusing on other things."
Brazil will have the entire country behind them but that doesn’t worry Jerome Boateng, one of the top defenders for the German side.
"The whole stadium will be against us, which I guess it should be an additional motivation. We will have a huge test in front of us,” admitted Boateng at FIFA.com.
"We have to go into the match with full concentration and impose our way of playing. I am highly motivated, I can't wait to play the game."
Selecao and Die Mannschaft have met 19 times before and Brazil has dominated with 12 wins against 5 losses and 4 draws.
The last time these two squads met in this big a stage was in the 2002 World Cup when the Ronaldo-backed Brazil squad defeated Germany, 2-0.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate