World Cup News: Former Italy Boss Grateful of Experience Amid Resignation
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 8, 2014 11:22 PM EST
Cesare Prandelli, who recently stepped down as Italy's manager despite still having two years in his contract, following a shocking group stage exit in the ongoing World Cup, remains grateful for the opportunity that was handed to him four years ago.
“I would like to thank each and every one of those people who have accompanied me, advised me and supported me in my journey. It isn't possible to thank them individually because there are so many.” - Cesare Prandelli
The former Fiorentina mentor will be presented as the new Galatasaray boss, succeeding fellow Italian Roberto Mancini at the post.
He was able to lead the Azzurri to the EURO 2012 finals, while guiding the same to a third-place finish during the 2013 Confederations Cup.
"So many things happen in four years," Prandelli was quoted on the Italy Football Federation website.
"You meet so many people and create so many bonds while creating a project."
"I would like to thank each and every one of those people who have accompanied me, advised me and supported me in my journey. It isn't possible to thank them individually because there are so many."
"I will do it with these few lines: It has been a privilege to work with you and I will always be proud of it. I know how much love and passion you have dedicated to the Azzurri jersey."
"I must give particular thanks to the president, Giancarlo Abete, a key figure in this four-year tenure. He always knew how to say the right things to me at the right moments."
"I hope that our experience, both the positives and the negatives, can be a starting point in order for football in our country to earn the dignity and respect it deserves."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery