World Cup News: Former Italy Boss Grateful of Experience Amid Resignation
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 8, 2014 11:22 PM EST
Cesare Prandelli, who recently stepped down as Italy's manager despite still having two years in his contract, following a shocking group stage exit in the ongoing World Cup, remains grateful for the opportunity that was handed to him four years ago.
“I would like to thank each and every one of those people who have accompanied me, advised me and supported me in my journey. It isn't possible to thank them individually because there are so many.” - Cesare Prandelli
The former Fiorentina mentor will be presented as the new Galatasaray boss, succeeding fellow Italian Roberto Mancini at the post.
He was able to lead the Azzurri to the EURO 2012 finals, while guiding the same to a third-place finish during the 2013 Confederations Cup.
"So many things happen in four years," Prandelli was quoted on the Italy Football Federation website.
"You meet so many people and create so many bonds while creating a project."
"I would like to thank each and every one of those people who have accompanied me, advised me and supported me in my journey. It isn't possible to thank them individually because there are so many."
"I will do it with these few lines: It has been a privilege to work with you and I will always be proud of it. I know how much love and passion you have dedicated to the Azzurri jersey."
"I must give particular thanks to the president, Giancarlo Abete, a key figure in this four-year tenure. He always knew how to say the right things to me at the right moments."
"I hope that our experience, both the positives and the negatives, can be a starting point in order for football in our country to earn the dignity and respect it deserves."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More