World Cup News: Former Italy Boss Grateful of Experience Amid Resignation
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 8, 2014 11:22 PM EST
Cesare Prandelli, who recently stepped down as Italy's manager despite still having two years in his contract, following a shocking group stage exit in the ongoing World Cup, remains grateful for the opportunity that was handed to him four years ago.
“I would like to thank each and every one of those people who have accompanied me, advised me and supported me in my journey. It isn't possible to thank them individually because there are so many.” - Cesare Prandelli
The former Fiorentina mentor will be presented as the new Galatasaray boss, succeeding fellow Italian Roberto Mancini at the post.
He was able to lead the Azzurri to the EURO 2012 finals, while guiding the same to a third-place finish during the 2013 Confederations Cup.
"So many things happen in four years," Prandelli was quoted on the Italy Football Federation website.
"You meet so many people and create so many bonds while creating a project."
"I would like to thank each and every one of those people who have accompanied me, advised me and supported me in my journey. It isn't possible to thank them individually because there are so many."
"I will do it with these few lines: It has been a privilege to work with you and I will always be proud of it. I know how much love and passion you have dedicated to the Azzurri jersey."
"I must give particular thanks to the president, Giancarlo Abete, a key figure in this four-year tenure. He always knew how to say the right things to me at the right moments."
"I hope that our experience, both the positives and the negatives, can be a starting point in order for football in our country to earn the dignity and respect it deserves."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine