Huawei Ascend D3 Design Leaked: It Looks Like the HTC One Max [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 8, 2014 10:16 PM EST
Huawei, the world's largest manufacturer of telecommunications equipment, reportedly has a new smartphone which is said to be called the Huawei Ascend D3. Its design has been leaked online. However, it looks like the HTC One Max! Click HERE to see photos from igeek comparing the two phones. If not for the different logos on the back of both smartphones, you would think that they are one and the same.
Despite looking like the HTC One Max, the Huawei Ascend D3's design which was leaked online differs from the HTC phone in some aspects. For one, they bezels on the front side of the phone are much slimmer compared to the HTC One Max. And, it seems that the Huawei phone doesn't have stereo speakers.
According to the official Web site of the HTC One Max, its size is 164.5 x 82.5 x 10.29mm and its display is 5.9 inch, Full HD 1080p. It weighs 217g.
Based on the photos leaked on igeek, the Huawei Ascend D3 could possibly have the same size. Plus, it appears as if the Huawei smartphone will also have a fingerprint scanner sensor just like the HTC One Max phablet (phone and tablet in one).
Will the similarities between the Huawei Ascend D3 and the HTC One Max end with the specs mentioned above? Or, will they basically have the same features including the HTC One Max's 3300 mAh battery, 1080p Full HD video recording with HDR video, Bluetooth® 4.0 with aptXTM and a micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection? Will it also have different sensors such as the Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer and Gyro sensor? It would be nice if the Huawei Ascend D3 will have a digital compass, a Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 600 processor and 1.7GHz quad-core CPUs like the HTC One Max.
If the Huawei Ascend D3 ends up having most of the HTC One Max's specs, then they would have to compete with each other by setting the best price so that customers will be enticed to choose the one which offers the most value. Unfortunately, there's no further information about the Huawei Ascend D3's actual specs that's why all we can do is just wait and see for more leaks online about the Huawei's newest smartphone. In the meantime, keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about the latest phones, tablets, phablets, laptops and other gadgets as well as other news in technology, entertainment, health and business.
Watch the HTC One Max hands-on video below from Phone Arena:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best