Huawei Ascend D3 Design Leaked: It Looks Like the HTC One Max [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 8, 2014 10:16 PM EST
Huawei, the world's largest manufacturer of telecommunications equipment, reportedly has a new smartphone which is said to be called the Huawei Ascend D3. Its design has been leaked online. However, it looks like the HTC One Max! Click HERE to see photos from igeek comparing the two phones. If not for the different logos on the back of both smartphones, you would think that they are one and the same.
Despite looking like the HTC One Max, the Huawei Ascend D3's design which was leaked online differs from the HTC phone in some aspects. For one, they bezels on the front side of the phone are much slimmer compared to the HTC One Max. And, it seems that the Huawei phone doesn't have stereo speakers.
According to the official Web site of the HTC One Max, its size is 164.5 x 82.5 x 10.29mm and its display is 5.9 inch, Full HD 1080p. It weighs 217g.
Based on the photos leaked on igeek, the Huawei Ascend D3 could possibly have the same size. Plus, it appears as if the Huawei smartphone will also have a fingerprint scanner sensor just like the HTC One Max phablet (phone and tablet in one).
Will the similarities between the Huawei Ascend D3 and the HTC One Max end with the specs mentioned above? Or, will they basically have the same features including the HTC One Max's 3300 mAh battery, 1080p Full HD video recording with HDR video, Bluetooth® 4.0 with aptXTM and a micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection? Will it also have different sensors such as the Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer and Gyro sensor? It would be nice if the Huawei Ascend D3 will have a digital compass, a Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 600 processor and 1.7GHz quad-core CPUs like the HTC One Max.
If the Huawei Ascend D3 ends up having most of the HTC One Max's specs, then they would have to compete with each other by setting the best price so that customers will be enticed to choose the one which offers the most value. Unfortunately, there's no further information about the Huawei Ascend D3's actual specs that's why all we can do is just wait and see for more leaks online about the Huawei's newest smartphone. In the meantime, keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about the latest phones, tablets, phablets, laptops and other gadgets as well as other news in technology, entertainment, health and business.
Watch the HTC One Max hands-on video below from Phone Arena:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon