Orphan Black Season 3 Update: A Wife Still At Large, May Cause Trouble
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 8, 2014 8:08 PM EST
Pastor Henrik "Hank" Johanssen is dead and Proletheans' farm has been burned down, but the threatening clouds of Proletheans have not completely disappeared in "Orphan Black." In the Season 2 finale of "Orphan Black," Helena escaped after putting an end to Hank's life and also burned down his farm. She also helped Gracie to elope with Mark. There was, however, one Prolethean who was missing from the dead as well as from the escape list. It is Hank's wife Bonnie Johanssen and according to Graeme Manson, co-creator of the show, she is still out there. Her being alive -- and angry too -- is equal to a worrying situation for Sarah and her clone sister Helena in Season 3 of "Orphan Black."
Actress Tatiana Maslany accepts the award for Best Actress in a Drama Series for "Orphan Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Manson confirmed to TV Line that Bonnie is alive. He said, "Bonnie is still at large, that is true. And, we do like Kristin Booth, who plays Bonnie."
He also hinted at the return of an angry Bonnie. Proletheans are "much reduced, but an angry Prolethean is a scary thing," Manson said.
And, it looks like Mark is set to play a bigger role in the upcoming Season 3, as it was revealed in Season 2 finale that he is one of the male clones. In the finale, he married Gracie who was carrying Helena and her father's babies.
The season 2 finale also revealed that Marian is from Topside. Dyad is part of this company. The new season is likely to introduce new characters associated with the Topside, as Manson said to Entertainment Weekly, that Topside is "Marian's shadowy cabal and we're definitely going to learn more about them and meet the actors in that viper's nest."
BBC America has yet to officially announce that it has renewed "Orphan Black" for Season 3. It is, however, very much expected that the clone show will be back next year. TV Line has said that a "pick-up is imminent."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]