Better Call Saul Likely to Feature Breaking Bad’s Walter White
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 8, 2014 6:09 PM EST
There is much suspense about whether Bryan Cranston will reprise his "Breaking Bad" role of Walter White in the upcoming spinoff, "Better Call Saul." The new show is a prequel and it is set in a time before Saul Goodman met Walter White and got involved in his drug business. White [Heisenberg] is not needed in the show. The latest news, however, is that he is likely to appear in "Better Call Saul," as the show is going to jump between several decades and include moments from "Breaking Bad" timeline, as well.
Speaking about "Better Call Saul," Peter Gould, executive producer of the show, said to New York Daily News that the new series will have a flexible timeline. "One of the great things about having a time line which is flexible is that perhaps some of it takes place before "Breaking Bad," during 'Breaking Bad,' and after 'Breaking Bad'. That gives us the ability to bring back characters that were killed on "Breaking Bad," " Gould said.
In one of his interviews to Huffington Post, Aaron Paul, who played Jesse Pinkman in "Breaking Bad," had said that there was no plan of Pinkman or White appearing in the first season of "Better Call Saul." He, however, did not rule out the possibility of Pinkman and White appearing in future seasons of the new show. Meanwhile, it is confirmed that Jonathan Banks is returning to reprise his role of Mike Ehrmantraut. The character comes back to life in the new show because of the prequel status. And, Dean Norris does not want to play Hank Schrader, again.
Gould said to New York Daily News that they want the story of "Better Call Saul" to stand on its own, without the support of "Breaking Bad" and its characters. "We want to make a show that stands on its own, is its own story and is a brand extension," he said.
AMC has renewed "Better Call Saul" for Season 2. The first season is set to premiere in 2015. The first season will consist of 10 episodes, while the second will have 13 episodes.
The production of "Better Call Saul" Season 1 is currently underway in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]