Better Call Saul Likely to Feature Breaking Bad’s Walter White
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 8, 2014 6:09 PM EST
There is much suspense about whether Bryan Cranston will reprise his "Breaking Bad" role of Walter White in the upcoming spinoff, "Better Call Saul." The new show is a prequel and it is set in a time before Saul Goodman met Walter White and got involved in his drug business. White [Heisenberg] is not needed in the show. The latest news, however, is that he is likely to appear in "Better Call Saul," as the show is going to jump between several decades and include moments from "Breaking Bad" timeline, as well.
Speaking about "Better Call Saul," Peter Gould, executive producer of the show, said to New York Daily News that the new series will have a flexible timeline. "One of the great things about having a time line which is flexible is that perhaps some of it takes place before "Breaking Bad," during 'Breaking Bad,' and after 'Breaking Bad'. That gives us the ability to bring back characters that were killed on "Breaking Bad," " Gould said.
In one of his interviews to Huffington Post, Aaron Paul, who played Jesse Pinkman in "Breaking Bad," had said that there was no plan of Pinkman or White appearing in the first season of "Better Call Saul." He, however, did not rule out the possibility of Pinkman and White appearing in future seasons of the new show. Meanwhile, it is confirmed that Jonathan Banks is returning to reprise his role of Mike Ehrmantraut. The character comes back to life in the new show because of the prequel status. And, Dean Norris does not want to play Hank Schrader, again.
Gould said to New York Daily News that they want the story of "Better Call Saul" to stand on its own, without the support of "Breaking Bad" and its characters. "We want to make a show that stands on its own, is its own story and is a brand extension," he said.
AMC has renewed "Better Call Saul" for Season 2. The first season is set to premiere in 2015. The first season will consist of 10 episodes, while the second will have 13 episodes.
The production of "Better Call Saul" Season 1 is currently underway in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS