Better Call Saul Likely to Feature Breaking Bad’s Walter White
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 8, 2014 6:09 PM EST
There is much suspense about whether Bryan Cranston will reprise his "Breaking Bad" role of Walter White in the upcoming spinoff, "Better Call Saul." The new show is a prequel and it is set in a time before Saul Goodman met Walter White and got involved in his drug business. White [Heisenberg] is not needed in the show. The latest news, however, is that he is likely to appear in "Better Call Saul," as the show is going to jump between several decades and include moments from "Breaking Bad" timeline, as well.
Speaking about "Better Call Saul," Peter Gould, executive producer of the show, said to New York Daily News that the new series will have a flexible timeline. "One of the great things about having a time line which is flexible is that perhaps some of it takes place before "Breaking Bad," during 'Breaking Bad,' and after 'Breaking Bad'. That gives us the ability to bring back characters that were killed on "Breaking Bad," " Gould said.
In one of his interviews to Huffington Post, Aaron Paul, who played Jesse Pinkman in "Breaking Bad," had said that there was no plan of Pinkman or White appearing in the first season of "Better Call Saul." He, however, did not rule out the possibility of Pinkman and White appearing in future seasons of the new show. Meanwhile, it is confirmed that Jonathan Banks is returning to reprise his role of Mike Ehrmantraut. The character comes back to life in the new show because of the prequel status. And, Dean Norris does not want to play Hank Schrader, again.
Gould said to New York Daily News that they want the story of "Better Call Saul" to stand on its own, without the support of "Breaking Bad" and its characters. "We want to make a show that stands on its own, is its own story and is a brand extension," he said.
AMC has renewed "Better Call Saul" for Season 2. The first season is set to premiere in 2015. The first season will consist of 10 episodes, while the second will have 13 episodes.
The production of "Better Call Saul" Season 1 is currently underway in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged