Better Call Saul Likely to Feature Breaking Bad’s Walter White
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 8, 2014 6:09 PM EST
There is much suspense about whether Bryan Cranston will reprise his "Breaking Bad" role of Walter White in the upcoming spinoff, "Better Call Saul." The new show is a prequel and it is set in a time before Saul Goodman met Walter White and got involved in his drug business. White [Heisenberg] is not needed in the show. The latest news, however, is that he is likely to appear in "Better Call Saul," as the show is going to jump between several decades and include moments from "Breaking Bad" timeline, as well.
Speaking about "Better Call Saul," Peter Gould, executive producer of the show, said to New York Daily News that the new series will have a flexible timeline. "One of the great things about having a time line which is flexible is that perhaps some of it takes place before "Breaking Bad," during 'Breaking Bad,' and after 'Breaking Bad'. That gives us the ability to bring back characters that were killed on "Breaking Bad," " Gould said.
In one of his interviews to Huffington Post, Aaron Paul, who played Jesse Pinkman in "Breaking Bad," had said that there was no plan of Pinkman or White appearing in the first season of "Better Call Saul." He, however, did not rule out the possibility of Pinkman and White appearing in future seasons of the new show. Meanwhile, it is confirmed that Jonathan Banks is returning to reprise his role of Mike Ehrmantraut. The character comes back to life in the new show because of the prequel status. And, Dean Norris does not want to play Hank Schrader, again.
Gould said to New York Daily News that they want the story of "Better Call Saul" to stand on its own, without the support of "Breaking Bad" and its characters. "We want to make a show that stands on its own, is its own story and is a brand extension," he said.
AMC has renewed "Better Call Saul" for Season 2. The first season is set to premiere in 2015. The first season will consist of 10 episodes, while the second will have 13 episodes.
The production of "Better Call Saul" Season 1 is currently underway in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery