Better Call Saul Likely to Feature Breaking Bad’s Walter White
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 8, 2014 6:09 PM EST
There is much suspense about whether Bryan Cranston will reprise his "Breaking Bad" role of Walter White in the upcoming spinoff, "Better Call Saul." The new show is a prequel and it is set in a time before Saul Goodman met Walter White and got involved in his drug business. White [Heisenberg] is not needed in the show. The latest news, however, is that he is likely to appear in "Better Call Saul," as the show is going to jump between several decades and include moments from "Breaking Bad" timeline, as well.
Speaking about "Better Call Saul," Peter Gould, executive producer of the show, said to New York Daily News that the new series will have a flexible timeline. "One of the great things about having a time line which is flexible is that perhaps some of it takes place before "Breaking Bad," during 'Breaking Bad,' and after 'Breaking Bad'. That gives us the ability to bring back characters that were killed on "Breaking Bad," " Gould said.
In one of his interviews to Huffington Post, Aaron Paul, who played Jesse Pinkman in "Breaking Bad," had said that there was no plan of Pinkman or White appearing in the first season of "Better Call Saul." He, however, did not rule out the possibility of Pinkman and White appearing in future seasons of the new show. Meanwhile, it is confirmed that Jonathan Banks is returning to reprise his role of Mike Ehrmantraut. The character comes back to life in the new show because of the prequel status. And, Dean Norris does not want to play Hank Schrader, again.
Gould said to New York Daily News that they want the story of "Better Call Saul" to stand on its own, without the support of "Breaking Bad" and its characters. "We want to make a show that stands on its own, is its own story and is a brand extension," he said.
AMC has renewed "Better Call Saul" for Season 2. The first season is set to premiere in 2015. The first season will consist of 10 episodes, while the second will have 13 episodes.
The production of "Better Call Saul" Season 1 is currently underway in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]