Melissa McCarthy Was ‘Difficult to Work With,’ Claims Fashion Designer Christian Siriano
By Anne Lu | July 8, 2014 5:19 PM EST
Plus-size actress Melissa McCarthy wasn’t shunned by fashion designers as she had claimed, according to “Project Runway” designer Christian Siriano. Apparently, the comedienne was the one “difficult to work with.”
In June, the 43-year-old actress told Redbook that her large size was looked down upon in an industry where size four is considered ideal.
“Two Oscars ago, I couldn’t find anybody to do a dress for me. I asked five or six designers – very high-level ones who make lots of dresses for people – and they all said, ‘No,’” she said.
In a separate interview with The Hollywood Reporter, she recounted her ordeal in finding the right dress for her size, saying that it’s “damn near impossible.”
“It’s either for like a 98-year-old woman or a 14-year-old hooker, and there is nothing in the middle.”
However, according to Siriano, who won the fourth season of the U.S. fashion design competition show “Project Runway,” it’s McCarthy’s attitude, not her body size, that’s the problem.
“We met with her people. She and her stylist chose the fabric and the beading,” he told the New York Daily News.
“Quite frankly, she was difficult to work with. She wanted some specific things that I thought would not look good on her body. And she was not comfortable with them in the end.”
McCarthy ended up wearing a pink Marina Rinaldi gown, which earned mixed reviews from fashion critics.
Nevertheless, her ordeal in finding a designer willing to dress her for the Academy Awards, whether true or not, did result in something positive and productive.
She has started her own plus-size collection called Daniella Pearl, which she debuted in June.
McCarthy is currently starring in the comedy “Tammy,” which is directed by her husband Ben Falcone. The film received mostly negative reviews, but has already grossed over U$35 million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop