Viral Video: Two Planes Captured in Near Miss Incident at Barcelona Airport [WATCH]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 8, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Two planes almost collided at the El Prat Airport in Barcelona with the near miss incident captured on video. On Sunday, July 6, the captured video got published on YouTube and it became viral afterwards with over 8 million views at the moment.
Miguel Angel Ramirez recorded the near collision at the airport between a Boeing 767 from the Russian airline Utair and the Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus A340. In the video, it can be seen that the Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus A340 was already on the runaway just as the Russian airline was about to land.
The Russian pilots were quick to abort the plane's landing after noticing that there was another plane on the runway. Viewers can notice that the Utair pilots made a sharp ascend to avoid the disastrous plane collision and then circled around the airport before landing.
The description on the YouTube video claims the near miss incident happened on early Saturday morning, July 5. Video owner Miguel Angel Ramirez posted on YouTube that the UTair Boeing 767-300 (VQ-BSX) incoming from Moscow as UT5187 and Aerolíneas Argentinas Airbus A340-300 (LV-FPV) were involved in a possible collision disaster on the Barcelona airport.
"By the time russian pilots sight Argentinas (they were taxiing to Holding point of RW25R for take-off) on runway while they were on final approach, they did their best making an impressive and close go around. After that incidence the plane landed safely on runway 02, and the Argentinas took-off heading Buenos Aires," video owner Miguel Angel Ramirez posted.
According to The Star report, the Spanish airport authority AENA confirmed on Monday, July 8, that the Russian plane landed safely after circling back the runway. Furthermore, the passengers on the two planes were not hurt.
The Spanish airport authority added that they will conduct an investigation on what really happened at Barcelona's El Prat airport. The near miss incident had no precise details on how close the two planes really were at the runway.
The viral video garnered mixed reactions from the viewers where some praised Ramirez for his work on capturing the incident while others commented on who should be blamed for the near miss incident. Have a look at the video below of the "UTair Aviation 767-300 Near Miss? Go Around at Barcelona-El Prat" incident at the runway.
Credit: YouTube/Barcelona-El Prat In'tl
More Articles to Read:
Viral Video Hyundai's The Empty Car Convoy: Hyundai Demonstrates Safety Features on 2015 Hyundai Genesis Midsize Sedan [WATCH] - [READ]
UFO Sightings: Glowing UFO Spotted in Chile, Analysis on Captured Photos Released - [READ]
Viral Video TV Smash: Brazilian Fan Smashes Television while Watching 2014 World Cup Penalty Shootout against Chile [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Top Fake News Websites - Be Aware Or Beware
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage