Viral Video: Two Planes Captured in Near Miss Incident at Barcelona Airport [WATCH]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 8, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Two planes almost collided at the El Prat Airport in Barcelona with the near miss incident captured on video. On Sunday, July 6, the captured video got published on YouTube and it became viral afterwards with over 8 million views at the moment.
Miguel Angel Ramirez recorded the near collision at the airport between a Boeing 767 from the Russian airline Utair and the Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus A340. In the video, it can be seen that the Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus A340 was already on the runaway just as the Russian airline was about to land.
The Russian pilots were quick to abort the plane's landing after noticing that there was another plane on the runway. Viewers can notice that the Utair pilots made a sharp ascend to avoid the disastrous plane collision and then circled around the airport before landing.
The description on the YouTube video claims the near miss incident happened on early Saturday morning, July 5. Video owner Miguel Angel Ramirez posted on YouTube that the UTair Boeing 767-300 (VQ-BSX) incoming from Moscow as UT5187 and Aerolíneas Argentinas Airbus A340-300 (LV-FPV) were involved in a possible collision disaster on the Barcelona airport.
"By the time russian pilots sight Argentinas (they were taxiing to Holding point of RW25R for take-off) on runway while they were on final approach, they did their best making an impressive and close go around. After that incidence the plane landed safely on runway 02, and the Argentinas took-off heading Buenos Aires," video owner Miguel Angel Ramirez posted.
According to The Star report, the Spanish airport authority AENA confirmed on Monday, July 8, that the Russian plane landed safely after circling back the runway. Furthermore, the passengers on the two planes were not hurt.
The Spanish airport authority added that they will conduct an investigation on what really happened at Barcelona's El Prat airport. The near miss incident had no precise details on how close the two planes really were at the runway.
The viral video garnered mixed reactions from the viewers where some praised Ramirez for his work on capturing the incident while others commented on who should be blamed for the near miss incident. Have a look at the video below of the "UTair Aviation 767-300 Near Miss? Go Around at Barcelona-El Prat" incident at the runway.
Credit: YouTube/Barcelona-El Prat In'tl
More Articles to Read:
Viral Video Hyundai's The Empty Car Convoy: Hyundai Demonstrates Safety Features on 2015 Hyundai Genesis Midsize Sedan [WATCH] - [READ]
UFO Sightings: Glowing UFO Spotted in Chile, Analysis on Captured Photos Released - [READ]
Viral Video TV Smash: Brazilian Fan Smashes Television while Watching 2014 World Cup Penalty Shootout against Chile [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fate of MH370, MH17 Trigger Mass Resignation of Crew in Malaysia Airlines
- ISIS $3 Million Daily Oil Revenues Fund Operations; Obama to Build International Coalition to Widen Assault
- British Cleric Accused of Urging James Foley Executioner; Predicted ISIS Will Fight in the West
- Amish Girls Abducted, Handcuffed And Used As Sex Slaves
- Asylum Seekers Demand Compensation From Australia for Neglect and Poor Healthcare
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements