Viral Video: Two Planes Captured in Near Miss Incident at Barcelona Airport [WATCH]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 8, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Two planes almost collided at the El Prat Airport in Barcelona with the near miss incident captured on video. On Sunday, July 6, the captured video got published on YouTube and it became viral afterwards with over 8 million views at the moment.
Miguel Angel Ramirez recorded the near collision at the airport between a Boeing 767 from the Russian airline Utair and the Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus A340. In the video, it can be seen that the Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus A340 was already on the runaway just as the Russian airline was about to land.
The Russian pilots were quick to abort the plane's landing after noticing that there was another plane on the runway. Viewers can notice that the Utair pilots made a sharp ascend to avoid the disastrous plane collision and then circled around the airport before landing.
The description on the YouTube video claims the near miss incident happened on early Saturday morning, July 5. Video owner Miguel Angel Ramirez posted on YouTube that the UTair Boeing 767-300 (VQ-BSX) incoming from Moscow as UT5187 and Aerolíneas Argentinas Airbus A340-300 (LV-FPV) were involved in a possible collision disaster on the Barcelona airport.
"By the time russian pilots sight Argentinas (they were taxiing to Holding point of RW25R for take-off) on runway while they were on final approach, they did their best making an impressive and close go around. After that incidence the plane landed safely on runway 02, and the Argentinas took-off heading Buenos Aires," video owner Miguel Angel Ramirez posted.
According to The Star report, the Spanish airport authority AENA confirmed on Monday, July 8, that the Russian plane landed safely after circling back the runway. Furthermore, the passengers on the two planes were not hurt.
The Spanish airport authority added that they will conduct an investigation on what really happened at Barcelona's El Prat airport. The near miss incident had no precise details on how close the two planes really were at the runway.
The viral video garnered mixed reactions from the viewers where some praised Ramirez for his work on capturing the incident while others commented on who should be blamed for the near miss incident. Have a look at the video below of the "UTair Aviation 767-300 Near Miss? Go Around at Barcelona-El Prat" incident at the runway.
Credit: YouTube/Barcelona-El Prat In'tl
More Articles to Read:
Viral Video Hyundai's The Empty Car Convoy: Hyundai Demonstrates Safety Features on 2015 Hyundai Genesis Midsize Sedan [WATCH] - [READ]
UFO Sightings: Glowing UFO Spotted in Chile, Analysis on Captured Photos Released - [READ]
Viral Video TV Smash: Brazilian Fan Smashes Television while Watching 2014 World Cup Penalty Shootout against Chile [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Australia's Chance Of El Niño Rises To 70%; Heatwaves And Drought To Persist
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Ebola Stock Companies Suspended From Trading For Unverifiable Claims
- Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges in New Zealand, Elects Trial By Jury
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports