Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian Launch Kardashian Kids Summer Collection for Babies 'R' Us
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 8, 2014 4:00 PM EST
The Kardashian sisters, Kourtney, Kim and Khloe, are doing the rounds in promoting the summer collection of their latest fashion venture, the Kardashian Kids line for Babies "R" Us. The new collection has been made available in selected Babies "R" Us stores in the United States and worldwide through online sales channels. The sisters sat down with CNBC to talk about the collection, their other businesses and motherhood, among other things.
TV personality Kim Kardashian (R) and her sister Kourtney walk in the street as they visit fashion shops in Paris, May 22, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West will celebrate their wedding in Florence over the weekend, an official from the mayor's office confirmed last Friday.
The Kardashians made a big name for themselves through their reality series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians." Earlier this year, the famous sisters launched the latest addition to their growing media and retail empire, the Kardashian Kids Collection, a line of children's clothing that further enhances their roster of business ventures.
The girls' goal is to produce a fashionable and functional but affordable fashion line for kids. In an exclusive interview with CNBC, Kim shares they started the project while Kourtney was pregnant with her second child, Penelope, who is now nearly 2 years old.
The Kardashian Kollection, a fashion line the girls launched in partnership with Sears, has been doing well. The sisters feel they have chosen a perfect partner in Babies "R" Us for the children's wear line.
"I think SEARS was the perfect fit for our clothing line just as Babies 'R' Us is for Kardashian Kids," said Khloe to CNBC's Courtney Reagan.
Kim was asked about being a businesswoman and the criticism they are getting for being reality TV stars and not being taken seriously.
"It is a struggle, and we started off working opening up our DASH clothing store, you know, a decade ago," she explained.
"We are businesswomen, we're entrepreneurs, and I think when you do have a reality show, people assume that it's just a ton of bar fights and it has a negative connotation," she lamented.
The Kardashians have a fully established retail store called DASH with several branches across the US. They also have a cosmetics line, books and ladies fashion line, among other things, apart from the hosting gigs, TV appearances and the reality show.
This year, with Kourtney having recently announced her third pregnancy and Kim celebrating the first birthday of her daughter North West, the Kardashian girls have ventured into creating a fashion line for kids to be sold exclusively at Babies "R" Us.
Despite haters, the Kardashians have built a massive business empire for themselves which has extended to other members of the family. Younger brother Rob now has his own sock collection called Arthur George and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie have also been thrust into the spotlight with Kendall currently enjoying a rising modelling career.
Interested customers can now have access to the Kardashian Kids summer line through select Babies "R" Us stores and online.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]