Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian Launch Kardashian Kids Summer Collection for Babies 'R' Us
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 8, 2014 4:00 PM EST
The Kardashian sisters, Kourtney, Kim and Khloe, are doing the rounds in promoting the summer collection of their latest fashion venture, the Kardashian Kids line for Babies "R" Us. The new collection has been made available in selected Babies "R" Us stores in the United States and worldwide through online sales channels. The sisters sat down with CNBC to talk about the collection, their other businesses and motherhood, among other things.
TV personality Kim Kardashian (R) and her sister Kourtney walk in the street as they visit fashion shops in Paris, May 22, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West will celebrate their wedding in Florence over the weekend, an official from the mayor's office confirmed last Friday.
The Kardashians made a big name for themselves through their reality series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians." Earlier this year, the famous sisters launched the latest addition to their growing media and retail empire, the Kardashian Kids Collection, a line of children's clothing that further enhances their roster of business ventures.
The girls' goal is to produce a fashionable and functional but affordable fashion line for kids. In an exclusive interview with CNBC, Kim shares they started the project while Kourtney was pregnant with her second child, Penelope, who is now nearly 2 years old.
The Kardashian Kollection, a fashion line the girls launched in partnership with Sears, has been doing well. The sisters feel they have chosen a perfect partner in Babies "R" Us for the children's wear line.
"I think SEARS was the perfect fit for our clothing line just as Babies 'R' Us is for Kardashian Kids," said Khloe to CNBC's Courtney Reagan.
Kim was asked about being a businesswoman and the criticism they are getting for being reality TV stars and not being taken seriously.
"It is a struggle, and we started off working opening up our DASH clothing store, you know, a decade ago," she explained.
"We are businesswomen, we're entrepreneurs, and I think when you do have a reality show, people assume that it's just a ton of bar fights and it has a negative connotation," she lamented.
The Kardashians have a fully established retail store called DASH with several branches across the US. They also have a cosmetics line, books and ladies fashion line, among other things, apart from the hosting gigs, TV appearances and the reality show.
This year, with Kourtney having recently announced her third pregnancy and Kim celebrating the first birthday of her daughter North West, the Kardashian girls have ventured into creating a fashion line for kids to be sold exclusively at Babies "R" Us.
Despite haters, the Kardashians have built a massive business empire for themselves which has extended to other members of the family. Younger brother Rob now has his own sock collection called Arthur George and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie have also been thrust into the spotlight with Kendall currently enjoying a rising modelling career.
Interested customers can now have access to the Kardashian Kids summer line through select Babies "R" Us stores and online.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points