Jay Z-Beyonce-Solange Drama: Solange Opens up About Elevator Fight; Singer Mya Receives Multiple Death Threats from Couple’s 'Die-Hard' Fans
By jaskiran kaur | July 8, 2014 3:52 PM EST
Beyonce's sister, Solange Knowles, finally spoke about the infamous elevator fight with Jay Z on May 5 after the MET Gala. Here is what she has to say about the fight that led to a frenzy of speculations about Beyonce's family and relationships. Meanwhile, singer Mya has received multiple death threats after she was accused of being romantically involved with Jay Z. Read on to find out the details.
On May 12, a video was released by TMZ that stirred up the Internet. The video showed Solange Knowles attacking her brother-in-law, Jay Z, in an elevator in the presence of Beyonce. It was Beyonce's bodyguard who came to the rescue.
Speaking to Lucky Magazine, Solange Knowles finally broke her silence about the elevator fight with Jay Z while referring to it as "that thing." The publication notes the singer "expects the subject" to be the part of the interview. However, she doesn't want it to be the "focus" of the conversation.
"What's important is that my family and I are all good," Solange Knowles said, addressing the issue.
"What we had to say collectively was in the statement that we put out, and we all feel at peace with that," Solange Knowles told the magazine for its August cover story.
"We've always held each other down no matter what. That's something I'm drilling into Julez now," Solange continued.
Days after the fracas between Jay Z and Solange, a joint statement on behalf of the family was released. The family told The Associated Press (via Huffington Post): "[Jay Z and Solange] both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."
Ever since the elevator incident came to light, Beyonce and Jay Z have been slammed with rumours suggesting marital problems. Over time, reports on divorce and cheating have emerged. Media Take Out reported on one such rumour, speculating Jay Z is cheating on Beyonce with R&B singer Mya.
Recently, Mya slammed the false rumours about the affair with Beyonce's husband. She was compelled to do that after she received multiple death threats from "die-hard fans" of Jay Z and Beyonce, as revealed by Mya's manager to Daily News.
Once, Mya was asked about the rumour while she was accepting an award at a church.
Mya took to social media to bring out the truth about the rumours accusing her of being Jay Z's "mistress."
"Never did, never was, never will. Illegitimate, thirsty sources with no facts and that's the "media" for you-especially today...." wrote Mya on her Instagram account.
This is not the first time rapper Jay Z has been linked with women. Besides Mya, he has been accused of cheating on Beyonce with Rita Ora and Rihanna. However, all these rumours remain unconfirmed. Meanwhile, Jay Z and Beyonce are said to be on the brink of divorce. But fans know that the couple is on a joint tour called "On the Run." The tour kicked off on June 25, 2014 and will end on Sept. 13, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast