Nexus 6 Updates: HTC One M8 Design Factor, 1.5 GHz 64-Bit Processor, QHD 5.5 Display Screen
By Ryan Inoyori | July 8, 2014 3:39 PM EST
New design concept of Nexus 6 based on the creation of Dmitry Stvolov has been attributed to HTC. It features the design factor of HTC One Series combined with Nexus 5 back cover running the upcoming Android L OS version.
HTC Nexus 6
Nexus 6 remains a mystery and Google did not announce the device at the recent Google I/O event. But it did not stop Dmitry Stvolov on envisioning a design concept based on HTC One Series for the next generation Nexus smartphone.
Based on the images at Concept Phones, Dmitry's imagined version of Nexus 6 features the top and bottom design factors on the front part of HTC One smartphone. At the back cover, HTC Nexus 6 boasts dual tone LED flash found HTC One M8, similar rear camera lens from One M8 and the two appropriate trademark logos.
Moreover, the design sports wide angle front camera lens, a rounded body with a soft touch texture and Android L user interface. However, it cannot be determined if the design concept by Dmitry tells about a polycarbonate or metallic materials which can affect official price of a Nexus device if used for real.
Other factors from Dmitry's design include 5.2 inches of QHD display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor and edge to edge display.
Yes Nexus or No Nexus This Year
Since Google did not confirm the Nexus 6 smartphone last month, rumours are simply piling up that it may be released sometime between October and November during the official release of Android L.
Last year, Nexus 5 carried the flagship of Android KitKat around the same time right after the statue of the new Android appears at Google HQ in the U.S. Later, the firmware was released on several other Nexus devices such as Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 then followed through on Google Play Edition devices.
According to the reports from BreatheCast, Google executive Sundar Pichai said to the media that the company has no plans of releasing any new Nexus device for the first half of 2014 which may suggest production of any possible new Google devices during the months of July and August. However, Google has yet to confirm any developments regarding Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Nexus 10.
For the alleged specifications, rumours suggest that Nexus 6 will sport similar QHD display from LG G3 with 5.5 inches screen size and 64-bit quad-core processor MT6732 clocked at 1.5 GHz.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier