Nexus 6 Updates: HTC One M8 Design Factor, 1.5 GHz 64-Bit Processor, QHD 5.5 Display Screen
By Ryan Inoyori | July 8, 2014 3:39 PM EST
New design concept of Nexus 6 based on the creation of Dmitry Stvolov has been attributed to HTC. It features the design factor of HTC One Series combined with Nexus 5 back cover running the upcoming Android L OS version.
HTC Nexus 6
Nexus 6 remains a mystery and Google did not announce the device at the recent Google I/O event. But it did not stop Dmitry Stvolov on envisioning a design concept based on HTC One Series for the next generation Nexus smartphone.
Based on the images at Concept Phones, Dmitry's imagined version of Nexus 6 features the top and bottom design factors on the front part of HTC One smartphone. At the back cover, HTC Nexus 6 boasts dual tone LED flash found HTC One M8, similar rear camera lens from One M8 and the two appropriate trademark logos.
Moreover, the design sports wide angle front camera lens, a rounded body with a soft touch texture and Android L user interface. However, it cannot be determined if the design concept by Dmitry tells about a polycarbonate or metallic materials which can affect official price of a Nexus device if used for real.
Other factors from Dmitry's design include 5.2 inches of QHD display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor and edge to edge display.
Yes Nexus or No Nexus This Year
Since Google did not confirm the Nexus 6 smartphone last month, rumours are simply piling up that it may be released sometime between October and November during the official release of Android L.
Last year, Nexus 5 carried the flagship of Android KitKat around the same time right after the statue of the new Android appears at Google HQ in the U.S. Later, the firmware was released on several other Nexus devices such as Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 then followed through on Google Play Edition devices.
According to the reports from BreatheCast, Google executive Sundar Pichai said to the media that the company has no plans of releasing any new Nexus device for the first half of 2014 which may suggest production of any possible new Google devices during the months of July and August. However, Google has yet to confirm any developments regarding Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Nexus 10.
For the alleged specifications, rumours suggest that Nexus 6 will sport similar QHD display from LG G3 with 5.5 inches screen size and 64-bit quad-core processor MT6732 clocked at 1.5 GHz.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles