Star Wars Episode 7 Casting Update: Meet New Stars Crystal Clarke and Pip Andersen
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 8, 2014 3:05 PM EST
Two new stars, Crystal Clarke and Pip Andersen, have been recently introduced as part of the cast of J. J. Abrams' new sci-fi film, "Star Wars: Episode VII."
After casting calls that is said to have spanned 11 cities across the U.S. and UK, "Star Wars" official Web site announced on Sunday that the cast of "Star Wars: Episode VII" has got two new additions to join Harrison Ford (Han Solo) and Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), both stars reprising their roles.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Crystal Clarke and Pip Andersen are both new names to grace the big screens. Clarke has done some acting in the past, while Andersen is more popular in his work as a professional of Parkour, a training discipline that mainly involves running, jumping and landing.
Crystal Clarke, a U.S. born actress with film experience and credits, including a short film titled "White Romeo," attached to her profile on IMDb, is one of the young talents that the filmmakers have chosen to join the "Star Wars" universe. Aside from "Star Wars: Episode VII," Clarke is set to appear in the "The Moon and the Sun" and "Woman in Gold."
In an article on nj.com, the then-17-year-old Crystal Clarke from Newark Arts High School, who is now 20, is said to have been one of the recipients of a US$20,000 scholarship from the Star-Ledger Scholarship for the Performing Arts program.
According to the nj.com article, Clarke has been set to attend a three-year acting program at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, which has helped the young actress hone her acting skills.
Pip Andersen, on the other hand, is said to be a UK born professional of Parkour, who has appeared in a handful of commercials, including an ad for Sony. According to piptrix, Andersen's official Web site, Andersen is a member of the pro freerunning team Storm Freerun.
Aside from doing Parkour, Andersen is also busy with his life as a family man. An article on Daily Mail confirmed that the 23-year-old Pip Andersen married his childhood sweetheart, Becky Butcher, in 2009.
Other new stars the filmmakers confirmed to be also appearing in J. J. Abrams' "Star Wars: Episode VII" are Academy Award winner Lupita Nyong'o, Gwendoline Christie, Andy Serkis, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Domhnall Gleeson and Max von Sydow.
The new casts are joining original "Star Wars" casts Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Kenny Baker (R2-D20 and Anthony Daniels (C3-PO).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions