Mila Kunis to Quit Acting after Becoming Mother
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | July 8, 2014 2:30 PM EST
Mila Kunis is going to disappoint her fans after she gives birth to Ashton Kutcher's baby. The actress has revealed her plans of quitting acting after she becomes a mother.
Mila Kunis accepts the award for best villain for her performance as Theodora, Wicked Witch of the West, in the film "Oz the Great and Powerful" at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
The pregnant actress said that she would not mind sacrificing her career for the child as acting was not her top priority. "I don't eat and breathe acting," she said. Kunis is expected to give birth to her child with fiancé Kutcher in the latter part of 2014. Motherhood will be her top priority, she said. She said that she had already decided to take a year off for her pregnancy as she would hate to become a person with only "business on her mind." Kunis said that she was excited to be a "full-time mom."
Kunis has had several successful films in her kitty. Probably, the most striking film in her career was "Black Swan." The Darren Aronofsky film also stars Natalie Portman who won the Academy Award for the Best Actress for her portrayal of The Swan Queen in the movie. Kunis was nominated as the best supporting actress in various award functions for her portrayal of The Black Swan. She won the Marcello Mastroianni Award for Best Young Actress at the Venice Film Festival for the role. She was also nominated for the Golden Globe Awards.
"The Black Swan," however, feels that acting is her hobby which has "turned into a great profession" for her. She gave the example of Meryl Streep who might have a different perspective about career. Kunis, nevertheless, is looking forward to her motherhood. The "That '70s Show" actress, on the other hand, kept the options open as she said that it would also depend on how she would feel after having the break. "Give me a year of not working and I'll see how I feel," Kunis said.
The actress, nonetheless, clarified that she was in no mood to have a gala wedding with Kutcher. She did not want to get married since she was 12. Still, after finding the love of her life, Kunis now plans to have a secret and private ceremony.
Read the complete interview HERE.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money