Samsung Launches Four New Affordable Devices Running Android 4.4 KitKat
By Naveena Joy | July 8, 2014 2:17 PM EST
Samsung launches four new devices at one go - Galaxy Ace 4, Galaxy Core 2, Galaxy Young 2 and Galaxy Star 2. Though the Korean company has not revealed its pricing and availability details yet it comes under the affordable category.
According to Samsung Tomorrow, the Galaxy Core 2, Galaxy Star 2 and Galaxy Young 2 are all dual SIM devices, whereas the Galaxy Ace 4 is a single SIM device and is launched in 3G and LTE variants.
Further, according to Sammobile, the Galaxy Core 2 is leading out of the bunch in terms of specs. It was rumoured earlier, not it comes out to be true that the device will include 4.5 inch WVGA display, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 768 MB of RAM, a 5 megapixel rear camera, 4 GB of internal storage and a microSD slot, and a 2000 mAh battery. It also comes with colour options of black and white.
The second in line is the Galaxy Ace 4 which features a 1 GHz dual-core processor, 512 MB of RAM, 4 inch WVGA display, 4 GB of internal storage, a microSD slot with 5-megapixel rear camera, VGA fron facing camera and a 1800 mAh battery. The LTE variant of the device has a faster processor with 1.2 GHz, 1 GB of RAM and also a 1800 mAh battery. The colour options available are Iris Charcoal and Classic White.
The Galaxy Young 2 and Galaxy Star 2 is placed at the bottom among others. Both the devices have specs including 3.5 inch HVGA displays, 512 MB of RAM, 3 megapixel rear camera, 4 GB of internal storage, a microSD slot and a 1300 mAh battery. The Galaxy Star 2 is different from the Galaxy Young 2 as it lacks GPS chip and includes a lower resolution camera of 2 megapixel. Both the handsets have the same options like that of Galaxy Ace 4, with Charcoal and Classic White.
The techradar further reports that though Samsung continues to take over the low-end handsets at a lower rate, yet it fails to offer a device like the Moto G which has a bucket full of decent specs for a low price.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown