Samsung Launches Four New Affordable Devices Running Android 4.4 KitKat
By Naveena Joy | July 8, 2014 2:17 PM EST
Samsung launches four new devices at one go - Galaxy Ace 4, Galaxy Core 2, Galaxy Young 2 and Galaxy Star 2. Though the Korean company has not revealed its pricing and availability details yet it comes under the affordable category.
According to Samsung Tomorrow, the Galaxy Core 2, Galaxy Star 2 and Galaxy Young 2 are all dual SIM devices, whereas the Galaxy Ace 4 is a single SIM device and is launched in 3G and LTE variants.
Further, according to Sammobile, the Galaxy Core 2 is leading out of the bunch in terms of specs. It was rumoured earlier, not it comes out to be true that the device will include 4.5 inch WVGA display, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 768 MB of RAM, a 5 megapixel rear camera, 4 GB of internal storage and a microSD slot, and a 2000 mAh battery. It also comes with colour options of black and white.
The second in line is the Galaxy Ace 4 which features a 1 GHz dual-core processor, 512 MB of RAM, 4 inch WVGA display, 4 GB of internal storage, a microSD slot with 5-megapixel rear camera, VGA fron facing camera and a 1800 mAh battery. The LTE variant of the device has a faster processor with 1.2 GHz, 1 GB of RAM and also a 1800 mAh battery. The colour options available are Iris Charcoal and Classic White.
The Galaxy Young 2 and Galaxy Star 2 is placed at the bottom among others. Both the devices have specs including 3.5 inch HVGA displays, 512 MB of RAM, 3 megapixel rear camera, 4 GB of internal storage, a microSD slot and a 1300 mAh battery. The Galaxy Star 2 is different from the Galaxy Young 2 as it lacks GPS chip and includes a lower resolution camera of 2 megapixel. Both the handsets have the same options like that of Galaxy Ace 4, with Charcoal and Classic White.
The techradar further reports that though Samsung continues to take over the low-end handsets at a lower rate, yet it fails to offer a device like the Moto G which has a bucket full of decent specs for a low price.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga