Samsung Launches Four New Affordable Devices Running Android 4.4 KitKat
By Naveena Joy | July 8, 2014 2:17 PM EST
Samsung launches four new devices at one go - Galaxy Ace 4, Galaxy Core 2, Galaxy Young 2 and Galaxy Star 2. Though the Korean company has not revealed its pricing and availability details yet it comes under the affordable category.
According to Samsung Tomorrow, the Galaxy Core 2, Galaxy Star 2 and Galaxy Young 2 are all dual SIM devices, whereas the Galaxy Ace 4 is a single SIM device and is launched in 3G and LTE variants.
Further, according to Sammobile, the Galaxy Core 2 is leading out of the bunch in terms of specs. It was rumoured earlier, not it comes out to be true that the device will include 4.5 inch WVGA display, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 768 MB of RAM, a 5 megapixel rear camera, 4 GB of internal storage and a microSD slot, and a 2000 mAh battery. It also comes with colour options of black and white.
The second in line is the Galaxy Ace 4 which features a 1 GHz dual-core processor, 512 MB of RAM, 4 inch WVGA display, 4 GB of internal storage, a microSD slot with 5-megapixel rear camera, VGA fron facing camera and a 1800 mAh battery. The LTE variant of the device has a faster processor with 1.2 GHz, 1 GB of RAM and also a 1800 mAh battery. The colour options available are Iris Charcoal and Classic White.
The Galaxy Young 2 and Galaxy Star 2 is placed at the bottom among others. Both the devices have specs including 3.5 inch HVGA displays, 512 MB of RAM, 3 megapixel rear camera, 4 GB of internal storage, a microSD slot and a 1300 mAh battery. The Galaxy Star 2 is different from the Galaxy Young 2 as it lacks GPS chip and includes a lower resolution camera of 2 megapixel. Both the handsets have the same options like that of Galaxy Ace 4, with Charcoal and Classic White.
The techradar further reports that though Samsung continues to take over the low-end handsets at a lower rate, yet it fails to offer a device like the Moto G which has a bucket full of decent specs for a low price.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps