Samsung Launches Four New Affordable Devices Running Android 4.4 KitKat
By Naveena Joy | July 8, 2014 2:17 PM EST
Samsung launches four new devices at one go - Galaxy Ace 4, Galaxy Core 2, Galaxy Young 2 and Galaxy Star 2. Though the Korean company has not revealed its pricing and availability details yet it comes under the affordable category.
According to Samsung Tomorrow, the Galaxy Core 2, Galaxy Star 2 and Galaxy Young 2 are all dual SIM devices, whereas the Galaxy Ace 4 is a single SIM device and is launched in 3G and LTE variants.
Further, according to Sammobile, the Galaxy Core 2 is leading out of the bunch in terms of specs. It was rumoured earlier, not it comes out to be true that the device will include 4.5 inch WVGA display, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 768 MB of RAM, a 5 megapixel rear camera, 4 GB of internal storage and a microSD slot, and a 2000 mAh battery. It also comes with colour options of black and white.
The second in line is the Galaxy Ace 4 which features a 1 GHz dual-core processor, 512 MB of RAM, 4 inch WVGA display, 4 GB of internal storage, a microSD slot with 5-megapixel rear camera, VGA fron facing camera and a 1800 mAh battery. The LTE variant of the device has a faster processor with 1.2 GHz, 1 GB of RAM and also a 1800 mAh battery. The colour options available are Iris Charcoal and Classic White.
The Galaxy Young 2 and Galaxy Star 2 is placed at the bottom among others. Both the devices have specs including 3.5 inch HVGA displays, 512 MB of RAM, 3 megapixel rear camera, 4 GB of internal storage, a microSD slot and a 1300 mAh battery. The Galaxy Star 2 is different from the Galaxy Young 2 as it lacks GPS chip and includes a lower resolution camera of 2 megapixel. Both the handsets have the same options like that of Galaxy Ace 4, with Charcoal and Classic White.
The techradar further reports that though Samsung continues to take over the low-end handsets at a lower rate, yet it fails to offer a device like the Moto G which has a bucket full of decent specs for a low price.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’