Samsung Launches Four New Affordable Devices Running Android 4.4 KitKat
By Naveena Joy | July 8, 2014 2:17 PM EST
Samsung launches four new devices at one go - Galaxy Ace 4, Galaxy Core 2, Galaxy Young 2 and Galaxy Star 2. Though the Korean company has not revealed its pricing and availability details yet it comes under the affordable category.
According to Samsung Tomorrow, the Galaxy Core 2, Galaxy Star 2 and Galaxy Young 2 are all dual SIM devices, whereas the Galaxy Ace 4 is a single SIM device and is launched in 3G and LTE variants.
Further, according to Sammobile, the Galaxy Core 2 is leading out of the bunch in terms of specs. It was rumoured earlier, not it comes out to be true that the device will include 4.5 inch WVGA display, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 768 MB of RAM, a 5 megapixel rear camera, 4 GB of internal storage and a microSD slot, and a 2000 mAh battery. It also comes with colour options of black and white.
The second in line is the Galaxy Ace 4 which features a 1 GHz dual-core processor, 512 MB of RAM, 4 inch WVGA display, 4 GB of internal storage, a microSD slot with 5-megapixel rear camera, VGA fron facing camera and a 1800 mAh battery. The LTE variant of the device has a faster processor with 1.2 GHz, 1 GB of RAM and also a 1800 mAh battery. The colour options available are Iris Charcoal and Classic White.
The Galaxy Young 2 and Galaxy Star 2 is placed at the bottom among others. Both the devices have specs including 3.5 inch HVGA displays, 512 MB of RAM, 3 megapixel rear camera, 4 GB of internal storage, a microSD slot and a 1300 mAh battery. The Galaxy Star 2 is different from the Galaxy Young 2 as it lacks GPS chip and includes a lower resolution camera of 2 megapixel. Both the handsets have the same options like that of Galaxy Ace 4, with Charcoal and Classic White.
The techradar further reports that though Samsung continues to take over the low-end handsets at a lower rate, yet it fails to offer a device like the Moto G which has a bucket full of decent specs for a low price.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown