Android 4.4.4 Updates: Moto X, Moto G, Moto E, HTC One M8 and One M7 Firmware Roadmap
By Ryan Inoyori | July 8, 2014 1:40 PM EST
New Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is now rolling out to Moto X, Moto G and Moto E smartphones in India which will head soon in other territories while HTC clearly announced the Android 4.4.4 update for HTC One M8 and M7 via Twitter. Is this part of the Android L update preparations?
Android 4.4.4 for HTC One M8 and M7
At Twitter, Vice President of Product Management Mo Versi sent out a tweet that confirms the upcoming Android 4.4.4 KitKat update which will bring several bug fixes and security implementation. However, Versi did not confirm which devices are receiving the update.
It is likely to arrive first on HTC One M8 which currently the latest flagship smartphone from the company and expected to be followed through on HTC One M7 - the 2013 flagship smartphone.
— Mo (@moversi) June 28, 2014
Moreover, his tweet seems to match the roadmap leak from popular leakster and XDA recognised contributor LlabTooFeR. According to the leaked information, several devices have been made eligible for Android 4.4.4 KitKat with Sense 6.0 UI including others which may skip Android 4.4.3 in favour of Android 4.4.4 version.
Both HTC One M8 and One M7 will receive Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Sense 6.0 UI between July and August. While HTC One M8 Dual, One Mini 2 and One E8 are scheduled for the same firmware update between August and September. Moreover, these devices including their available Google Play Edition models are subject to evaluation for Android L from October to December 2013.
Other devices such as HTC One Max, One Mini, Butterfly S and Desire 816 are quoted as "N/A" on the roadmap exposed by the leakster.
Motorola Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update
Moto X, Moto G and Moto E smartphones are now receiving the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update in India and expected to arrive soon in other territories including the United States.
In June 4, Motorola's David Schuster announced the official Android 4.4.3 KitKat update for the three smartphones and the rollout will continue within the week. Here are the details of the update for users in the United States and Brazil from Motorola's official blog site.
1. Moto X T-Mobile users.
2. Moto G users who bought online in the United States including Moto G 4G LTE and at retail in Brazil.
3. Moto E users who bought online in the United States.
Changes from Android 4.4.3 KitKat update includes improvements on the dialler app with a new user interface and new colours to enhance usability, several stability updates, framework, security fixes and enhancements to the power profile capabilities.
According to NDTV, Android 4.4.4 KitKat update will deliver upgrades such as several stability updates, framework and security fixes in addition to the new phone dialler and OpenSSL related fixes.
Moto X and Moto G have been claimed to receive Android L update soon while Motorola teases another software update for Moto E but unclear if Android L or Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- SIMS 4 Missing Contents To Be Added Via DLC and New Details Unveiled From Livestream
- 5 Free Apps For Smartphones That Can Help Make You Look Beautiful
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- US And Australia Share Visa And Immigration Information
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October