Android 4.4.4 Updates: Moto X, Moto G, Moto E, HTC One M8 and One M7 Firmware Roadmap
By Ryan Inoyori | July 8, 2014 1:40 PM EST
New Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is now rolling out to Moto X, Moto G and Moto E smartphones in India which will head soon in other territories while HTC clearly announced the Android 4.4.4 update for HTC One M8 and M7 via Twitter. Is this part of the Android L update preparations?
Android 4.4.4 for HTC One M8 and M7
At Twitter, Vice President of Product Management Mo Versi sent out a tweet that confirms the upcoming Android 4.4.4 KitKat update which will bring several bug fixes and security implementation. However, Versi did not confirm which devices are receiving the update.
It is likely to arrive first on HTC One M8 which currently the latest flagship smartphone from the company and expected to be followed through on HTC One M7 - the 2013 flagship smartphone.
— Mo (@moversi) June 28, 2014
Moreover, his tweet seems to match the roadmap leak from popular leakster and XDA recognised contributor LlabTooFeR. According to the leaked information, several devices have been made eligible for Android 4.4.4 KitKat with Sense 6.0 UI including others which may skip Android 4.4.3 in favour of Android 4.4.4 version.
Both HTC One M8 and One M7 will receive Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Sense 6.0 UI between July and August. While HTC One M8 Dual, One Mini 2 and One E8 are scheduled for the same firmware update between August and September. Moreover, these devices including their available Google Play Edition models are subject to evaluation for Android L from October to December 2013.
Other devices such as HTC One Max, One Mini, Butterfly S and Desire 816 are quoted as "N/A" on the roadmap exposed by the leakster.
Motorola Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update
Moto X, Moto G and Moto E smartphones are now receiving the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update in India and expected to arrive soon in other territories including the United States.
In June 4, Motorola's David Schuster announced the official Android 4.4.3 KitKat update for the three smartphones and the rollout will continue within the week. Here are the details of the update for users in the United States and Brazil from Motorola's official blog site.
1. Moto X T-Mobile users.
2. Moto G users who bought online in the United States including Moto G 4G LTE and at retail in Brazil.
3. Moto E users who bought online in the United States.
Changes from Android 4.4.3 KitKat update includes improvements on the dialler app with a new user interface and new colours to enhance usability, several stability updates, framework, security fixes and enhancements to the power profile capabilities.
According to NDTV, Android 4.4.4 KitKat update will deliver upgrades such as several stability updates, framework and security fixes in addition to the new phone dialler and OpenSSL related fixes.
Moto X and Moto G have been claimed to receive Android L update soon while Motorola teases another software update for Moto E but unclear if Android L or Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal