Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: X and Y Event Announced and TwitchPlaysPokemon Continues
By Gel Galang | July 8, 2014 1:30 PM EST
As the expected CoroCoro leaks for the upcoming "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" is still not yet disclosed, fans who are still playing the "Pokemon X and Y" may want to participate in a new event and get a hold of a Fancy Pattern Vivillon in the process.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F Spotted in Black: New Details and Release Date for Samsung Galaxy Note 4
The Official Pokemon Web site has announced a new Vivillon pattern has been revealed and can now be obtained for "Pokemon X and Y."
"The Fancy Pattern Vivillon commemorates an incredible event—the 100,000,000th Pokemon traded via the Global Trade Station!" said the developer via the Pokemon Web site.
Those who are interested can obtained the Fancy Pattern Vivillon via the Nintendo Network so they can use it for the "Pokemon X and Y." This is a first-time event to get the Fancy Pattern Vivillon, a Pokemon that cannot be obtained anywhere else in the game, so players best treat this as a limited opportunity, especially for those who want to complete their collection (and add more).
Players need to follow the instructions below to obtain the Fancy Pattern Vivillon:
1. Connect your Nintendo 3DS system to the Internet.
2. Select Mystery Gift on the main menu.
3. Select Receive Gift, then Yes.
4. Select Get Via the Net, then Yes.
5. Watch as you receive Fancy Pattern Vivillon!
6. Speak to the delivery girl in any Pokémon Center to receive your Vivillon.
7. Be sure to save your game!
Players need to get this immediately for their "Pokemon X and Y" because it won't be out on the Nintendo Network for long.
TwitchPlaysPokemon Aiming for 'Pokemon X and Y'
Another trend to hit the Net, the TwitchPlaysPokemon series, does not seem to have lost its appeal to fans of the online game.
As a refresher, the TwitchPlaysPokemon has become something of a phenomenon online, as it takes thousands of players on a Twitch page and lets them command a single hero from the Pokemon games—all at the same time.
TwitchPlaysPokemon has gone through several Pokemon iterations and is currently still at "Pokemon Black and White 2." But according to iDigital Times, it seems it may soon land "Pokemon X and Y."
So long as there is still support and players who keep the TwitchPlaysPokemon alive, it's likely the "Pokemon X and Y" game will be played by the same thousands of players who were able to create religions out of the first game, create a democracy vs. anarchy system in the second game and continue on with improvements as it moves along with the Pokemon games.
The players have progressed far from the first time TwitchPlaysPokemon commenced, showing the adaptability of players in playing and winning a game.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Sprint, Boost Mobile And Virgin Mobile Set To Sell Windows Phone Handset
- ‘GTA V' Heists Release Date Update: Rockstar Confirms DLC Out In ‘Early 2015'
- High-End Tablets Face-Off: Google’s Nexus 9 Versus Apple’s iPad Air 2
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including The Satchel Of Savage Mysteries, Zidormi In Dustwallow Marsh And The Frostwall Mines
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries