MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 45 The Gelato Messina Pressure Test Eliminates Sarah Todd [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 8, 2014 1:28 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 45 aired on Monday, July 7, 2014. It featured the Gelato Messina Pressure Test wherein contestants up for elimination (Sarah Todd, Renae Smith and Emelia Jackson), had to make Nick Palumbo's four classic choc-top ice creams from scratch. Unfortunately, this pressure test eliminated Sarah Todd, a 27-year-old model from Queensland (QLD). Wondering what else happened on this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 45.
In "MasterChef Australia 6," Episode 45, the contestants participated in the Gelato Messina Pressure Test facilitated by Nick Palumbo. It involved making his choc-top ice creams from scratch. But before proceeding with the challenge, Tracy Collins, the 38-year-old hairdresser from South Australia (SA), must first hand over the immunity pin which she won last time.
Sarah, Emelia and Renae got a treat before proceeding with the said challenge because they were asked to taste Nick Palumbo's ultimate choc top ice cream before attempting to replicate it, including the cone. Click HERE to see the Choc Top Extraordinaire recipe from Nick Palumbo.
While Renae, Sarah and Emelia are busy making choc-top ice creams, the other "MasterChef Australia" 6 contestants Laura Cassai, Jamie Fleming and Brent Owens observed them from the gantry.
Nick Palumbo joined the "MasterChef Australia" 6 judges George Calombaris, Matt Preston and Gary Mehigan to observe Sarah, Renae and Emelia as they make his famous dessert from Gelato Messina. They also had to taste their choc-top ice creams and decide on which one tastes the best among the rest. And, they had to choose the ice cream that didn't quite measure up to their standards. In the end, it was decided that Sarah's creation wasn't at par with the others, that's why she was sent home.
Click HERE to see photos of the Messina Gelato Pressure Test from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
It's interesting to note that Todd was previously eliminated earlier in the competition on June 12, 2014. But, she returned on June 24, 2014 to compete again. This time though, her elimination is final.
Because the Gelato Messina Pressure Test eliminated Sarah Todd, only eight "MasterChef Australia" Season 6 competitors are left. Below is a list of them in alphabetical order based on their first names.
1. Amy Shields - Learning Systems Admin from Western Australia (WA), 37 years old
2. Ben Macdonald - IT Systems Consultant from Queensland (QLD), 36 years old
3. Brent Owens - Bobcat Driver from Victoria (VIC), 24 years old
4. Emelia Jackson - Marketing Coordinator from Victoria (VIC), 24 years old
5. Jamie Fleming - Bartender from New South Wales (NSW), 26 years old
6. Laura Cassai - Health Science Student from South Australia (SA), 19 years old
7. Renae Smith - Brand Developer from New South Wales (NSW), 31 years old
8. Tracy Collins - Hairdresser from South Australia (SA), 38 years old
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 45 which featured the Gelato Messina Pressure Test that eliminated Sarah Todd. It was shown on July 7, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. If you missed any of the episodes of "MasterChef Australia" 6, don't worry because there are recaps of your favourite Australian cooking competition here at the International Business Times (IBT).
Watch a video of the "Masterchef Australia" Season 6 eliminated contestant Sarah Todd below:
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 44 The Retro Challenge Using Various Apricot Chicken Recipes [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 43 Mexican-themed Challenge, Colin Sheppard Eliminated [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 42 Victoria's Great Ocean Road Trip Banquet Service Challenge [WATCH VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal