Box Office Report: Transformers 4 Collection Crosses $500 Million Milestone
By Sachin Trivedi | July 8, 2014 1:23 PM EST
"Transformers" 4 retained the top spot yet again at the weekend box office. The movie has reportedly crossed the important $500 million milestone in total collection. The other movies ruling the charts include "Tammy" and "22 Jump Street."
Cast member Mark Wahlberg poses for pictures before the European premiere of the movie "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Berlin June 29, 2014. REUTERS/Thomas Peter
The weekend collection of "Transformers" 4 was reportedly $37 million. According to a report by Box Office Mojo the movie has retained the top spot at the weekend box office. The movie was able to collect over $175 million in the U.S and over $400 million from the international market.
The comedy flick "Tammy" was able to collect over $33 million in the U.S and over $2.5 million from the international market. The total box office collection of the movie was reported to be over $35 million.
Following closely behind at third place at the weekend box office was reported to be "22 Jump Street." The movie was able to collect over $159 million in the U.S and over $69 million from the international market. The total box office collection of the movie stands at over $228 million.
"Transformers" 4 follows the story of a mechanic and his daughter who stumble upon an old truck which may be the leader of the Autobots - Optimus Prime. They are hunted by a government agency and an alien bounty hunter called Lockdown for their discovery. The movie also marks the return of the arch enemy of the Autobots - Megatron.
"Tammy" is the story of a young woman who goes on a road trip after losing her job. She also finds that her husband has been unfaithful to her. She is joined by her grandmother as she runs from the law for stealing pies from a fast food joint.
"22 Jump Street" is about two officers who go undercover at a local college. The two friends have gone through high school twice and refuse to have any mature relationships. Both of them find love in the college as they struggle to build a relationship.
"Transformers" 4 may face stiff competition from the movie "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes," releasing on July 11. The other upcoming movies this week include "And So it Goes," "Road to Paloma," "A Long Way Down," "Land Ho!" "Boyhood" and "Rage."
No Monsters in Pirates of the Caribbean 5- Producer Jerry Bruckheimer Confirms in an Interview [Read]
Horrible Bosses 2 Trailer Released: More Humour as the Adventure Continues [Watch Video] [Read]
House of Cards Season 3: Frank Underwood as President [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles