Android L Updates: Port Spotted for Nexus 4, Sony Xperia Themes Enabled with APK, Moto X and G Slated for Upgrade
By Gel Galang | July 8, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Nexus 4 owners can enjoy the Android L preview courtesy of the XDA developers. Even if the Android L is pretty much still in development, the beta 2 for the Nexus 5 port is already live and bears a huge improvement compared to the first beta run.
Google's senior vice president of Android, Chrome and Apps, speaks during his keynote address at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’s Groudon Template Out; XY and Y’s Battle Competitions and TCG Expansion Announced
SmartWatch Standouts: Amazing iWatch Concept, Android Wear Apps’ Debut and Microsoft’s Fitness Band Coming
This new version is going to deal with some of the issues that appeared in the first beta version, where there had been some troubles with the camera, NFC and Bluetooth connectivity. According to Android Police, the Nexus 4 port is still not compatible with SuperSU, but there is something to be had with the Superuser.
"Warning. This has heavy ramdisk mods that are essential for it to work. You can flash current up to date "kit Kat kernels updaters only" but not boot.imgs as this will break the ROM. If you do happen to flash a a boot.img, you can pull it out if the ram and fastboot flash boot boot.img"
Hit the link above to get the full instructions for the port for the Nexus 4.
APK May Provide Sony Xperia Android L Themes
Sony is not taking a backseat to other brands and devices that have already gotten a taste of the Android L update.
According to Phones Review, Sony users will also get to experience the Android L before the public gets access to it later this year. The source has cited another member of the XDA Developers, JanM RS, who had made it possible for an Android L theme to become available for Sony Xperia devices.
The good thing about this sample is that it will not require any rooting--all you need to do is download the APK file and install it. The link for this particular theme and other instructions can be seen in the link here.
Moto X and G Confirmed to Get Android L
Another set of Motorola devices will be getting an update for Android, but this time, it will be for the newer upgrade, the Android L.
Leaked yet again in a chat with a customer care representative, Gadgets NDTV reports that a Web site named Android Origin now lists that the Moto X and Moto G will be upgraded to the Android L.
A release date has not yet been specified, but it seems that this will occur once Android L is released for the public, which is expected on fall of this year. However, that's as far as the details go, and even Moto E was not part of the list that would be getting the update--at least not yet according to the leak.
As per usual, it is still necessary to take this with a grain of salt until an announcement comes from either Google or Motorola.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family