Android L Updates: Port Spotted for Nexus 4, Sony Xperia Themes Enabled with APK, Moto X and G Slated for Upgrade
By Gel Galang | July 8, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Nexus 4 owners can enjoy the Android L preview courtesy of the XDA developers. Even if the Android L is pretty much still in development, the beta 2 for the Nexus 5 port is already live and bears a huge improvement compared to the first beta run.
Google's senior vice president of Android, Chrome and Apps, speaks during his keynote address at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’s Groudon Template Out; XY and Y’s Battle Competitions and TCG Expansion Announced
SmartWatch Standouts: Amazing iWatch Concept, Android Wear Apps’ Debut and Microsoft’s Fitness Band Coming
This new version is going to deal with some of the issues that appeared in the first beta version, where there had been some troubles with the camera, NFC and Bluetooth connectivity. According to Android Police, the Nexus 4 port is still not compatible with SuperSU, but there is something to be had with the Superuser.
"Warning. This has heavy ramdisk mods that are essential for it to work. You can flash current up to date "kit Kat kernels updaters only" but not boot.imgs as this will break the ROM. If you do happen to flash a a boot.img, you can pull it out if the ram and fastboot flash boot boot.img"
Hit the link above to get the full instructions for the port for the Nexus 4.
APK May Provide Sony Xperia Android L Themes
Sony is not taking a backseat to other brands and devices that have already gotten a taste of the Android L update.
According to Phones Review, Sony users will also get to experience the Android L before the public gets access to it later this year. The source has cited another member of the XDA Developers, JanM RS, who had made it possible for an Android L theme to become available for Sony Xperia devices.
The good thing about this sample is that it will not require any rooting--all you need to do is download the APK file and install it. The link for this particular theme and other instructions can be seen in the link here.
Moto X and G Confirmed to Get Android L
Another set of Motorola devices will be getting an update for Android, but this time, it will be for the newer upgrade, the Android L.
Leaked yet again in a chat with a customer care representative, Gadgets NDTV reports that a Web site named Android Origin now lists that the Moto X and Moto G will be upgraded to the Android L.
A release date has not yet been specified, but it seems that this will occur once Android L is released for the public, which is expected on fall of this year. However, that's as far as the details go, and even Moto E was not part of the list that would be getting the update--at least not yet according to the leak.
As per usual, it is still necessary to take this with a grain of salt until an announcement comes from either Google or Motorola.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit