Minecraft PS4, Xbox One Framerates, Screenshots, 14w27b Snapshot and Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.9.0 Update Detailed
By Gel Galang | July 8, 2014 12:31 PM EST
In less than a month, the "Minecraft PS4 Edition" and "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" will be made available. But the developers are more than willing to let fans in on the progress of the titles.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins/Files
PES 2015 Updates: PS4 Confirmed at 1080p/60FPS, Xbox One Unsure; Microtransactions, New System Introduced
Apart from featuring a number of screenshots of The Kelpies to show the significant addition of details, as seen here in Play XBLA, new information from partner Microsoft Studios has emerged regarding the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition."
GameRanx reports that there won't be a resolution gate for this game, as Microsoft's Roger Carpenter, who is also the lead producer for "MInecraft," has said that the Xbox One edition will run at 1080p/60FPS--the same as the PS4 edition.
This is good news for "Minecraft" fans, especially those who are looking to transfer their game from the Xbox 360 edition to the next-gen version. This goes beyond just having good graphics, as "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" and "Minecraft PS4 Edition" are slated for bigger worlds that are 36 times larger compared to the current-gen worlds.
'Minecraft: Pocket Edition' 0.9.0 Dated
"Minecraft" fans who love to take the game beyond the console and PC have another thing to be excited about--the "Minecraft: Pocket Edition" 0.9.0 is out for release on July 10.
Mojang has announced this via their official Web site. What's more, the developers have emphasised that this will be the biggest update to date, where the list of new features include the following:
- Infinite worlds
- Loads of new blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks
- Loads of new flowers
- New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages and many other cool places to explore
- A brand-new "interaction" button
- New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms
- Many bugs fixed
'Minecraft' Snapshot 14w27b Released for Bug Fixes
"Minecraft PC Edition" has been making progress as more and more snapshots are released. The Snapshow 14w27b has brought a few changes including bunnies, optimisation, and a rather long list of bug fixes, which are listed below:
- Player can be pushed around by mobs while on horseback
- Nether Fortresses are ignoring "Generate Structure" setting at world creation
- Horse tries to breed with another horse that is not yet in Love mode
- Double plants cannot be broken by placing a different block on the block it occupies
- Statistics doesn't resize / Buttons missing after resize
- Falling / Landing particles / particles applied to the player centered on the block rather than the player
- Mooshrooms lose their name (from name tag) when sheared
- When the disk is put in jukebox the name does not appear
As usual, Mojang is open for feedbacks and bug finds.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail: