Android L Firmware Update: Devices to Receive New Android Soon After Official Google Release
By Ryan Inoyori | July 8, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Android L update is heading over several devices upon its official launching. HTC One M8 and M7, OnePlus One, Nexus devices including unofficial image file, Moto X and Moto G roadmaps exposed by sources.
HTC One M8 and One M7
XDA recognised contributor and leakster LlabTooFeR leaked out the roadmap of HTC Android updates for One M8 and One M7 smartphones. According to XDA, HTC One M8 and M7 are likely to jump straight to Android 4.4.4 KitKat from the previously reported Android 4.4.3 version with HTC Sense 6.0 UI.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for the two smartphones is expected to rollout between July and August. Moreover, other HTC devices such as One E8, One Mini 2 and One Dual SIM which were not scheduled before for Android 4.4.3 and Sense 6.0 will now get it sometime in August and September.
However, some older devices like Butterfly S or Desire 816 may not receive the same firmware update for the devices mentioned above.
Android L update for HTC One M8 and M7 is set to rollout within 90 days after the official release from Google.
Moto X and G Android L Update
Two smartphones from Motorola are likely to receive Android L update even the firmware is still under developer preview stage. Based on the report of GSMArena, customer support of Motorola claims that Moto X and Moto G will definitely receive an Android L update. Moto E official status remains unknown at this time.
Recently, Motorola rolled out the Android 4.4.3 KitKat update for the three smartphones and noted that Moto E will have another update soon.
Unfortunately, there is no definitive time yet regarding the release date since Android L firmware remains under developer preview stage.
OnePlus One Android L
OnePlus One is another smartphone which will receive Android L based on the information from BGR. According to the site, OnePlus has confirmed that OnePlus One smartphone official Android L update is set for release around fall this year.
"So a lot - I mean, a lot - of people are asking about whether we'll be getting on the Android L train. It was announced while I was asleep and when I got back to work the morning after, there were already a bunch of forum posts and (strangely) customer support requests about it. We'll, we're keen to announce today that the OnePlus One will indeed be getting the L treatment. When you? That depends on Google. We promise to have it done within three months of their releasing a final build," a staff member posted at OnePlus official forum page.
Both Google Play Edition and Nexus devices are expected to get the first-hand treatment once Google pushes the Android L officially. At this time, Android L is still under developer preview and may take a few months to rollout for commercial use.
However, users must take note that some of these devices may not receive the official update due to 18-month software support expiration date such as the case on LG Nexus 4 and ASUS Nexus 7 2012.
Some sources have been able to port the developer preview of Android L for both devices which also contains certain bugs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- ‘Minecraft’ Buyout By Microsoft Complete as Mojang's Notch Says His Farewell
- How to Check Pre-Order Status of Your Apple iPhone 6 Models: Check Order Status Here
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect