Avengers: Age of Ultron Spoilers, Update: Director Joss Whedon Teases Avengers 2; Find Out What to Expect
By jaskiran kaur | July 8, 2014 12:12 PM EST
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is almost a year away. More and more details about the much-anticipated movie are already surfacing, keeping fans excited. Rumours and speculations about the movie's storyline, characters and other key elements are running rampant. But here is exactly what every fan needs to know. Joss Whedon, director of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" talked about the movie and revealed some significant details about it. Keep reading to find out what to expect from "Avengers 2."
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is currently filming in the UK. Total Film got the opportunity to speak to the director Joss Whedon about the movie for its latest issue. As revealed by Joss Whedon, fans must brace themselves for a dark, sci-fi "Avengers: Age of Ultron." In the interview, with the publication he mentioned the classic "The Godfather: Part II" again and how it serves as an inspiration to the sequel.
"The model I'm always trying to build from is 'The Godfather: Part II,' where a ton has happened in between and it's a very different movie, but you don't need any information... You're in the vernacular of the first movie and you're ready to just pick up in this new place," Joss Whedon told Total Film (via Flickering Myth).
Joss Whedon revealed that the movie has got "sci-fi element to it that's stronger than the other film." Furthermore, it is "little bit darker" disclosed the director.
Director of the sequel of superhero movie admitted that bringing the entire team together was "rousing" and keeping it together "is a completely different problem."
Dishing more details about the movie, Joss Whedon confirmed that Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow will play a "huge part" in the sequel. The report also reveals that Cobie Smulders will reprise the role of Agent Maria Hill in "Avengers: Age of Ultron." Also, War Machine will play a "key role" in the final war with the supervillain Ultron, notes the report. But fans will not get to see Clark Gregg's S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent, Phil Coulson and Tom Hiddleston's Loki.
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is superhero film that is based on Marvel Comics. The film is the sequel to 2012's blockbuster "The Avengers." Not only Joss Whedon is returning as the director of the franchise's second installment, the movie is also bringing back and together all the major actors and characters. Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth's Thor, Mark Ruffalo's The Hulk, Chris Evans' Captain America and Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow will make a comeback as Avengers to fight against James Spader's Ultron. Some more superheroes that will join the ultimate superheroes' team are Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye, Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Quicksilver and Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch. "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is scheduled to release on May 1, 2015 in the U.S and on April 24, 2015 in the UK.
For more spoilers and updates on "Avengers: Age of Ultron," read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery