MH370: Plane in Secret Location, Rift among Search Ops - Negative Speculations Shall not Tarnish Australia, China Malaysia Relations
By Athena Yenko | July 8, 2014 12:04 PM EST
Negative speculations such as the plane is still safe in secret location, conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and that the nations involved in the search of the missing plane are in rift will not tarnish Australia, China and Malaysia relations, Deputy Communication and Multimedia Minister, Datuk Jailani Johari said.
REUTERS/Malaysian Transport Mi
A map shows the possible path of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 as released to Reuters by the Malaysian Transport Ministry May 1, 2014. REUTERS/Malaysian Transport Ministry/Handout via Reuters
Johari was speaking in a press conference in Malaysia.
He said that such negative speculations were maliciously spread by the western and social media to gain popularity through sensationalism.
"In fact, four sub-committees were formed by the governments namely the Asset Assignment Committee, Technical and Logistics Committee, Beneficiary Committee and the Communication and Media Committee to ensure orderly and accurate dissemination of information. I have just held a four-eye meeting with my counterpart from China in Beijing, last week and they appreciated Malaysia's commitment and open approach in the search mission," Johari reiterated.
Johari's statement came after a report from The Wall Street Journal saying that the three countries are negotiating the costs for the search.
Malaysia, Australia and China are arguing how to share the costs of the search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, said a report in The Wall Street Journal (WSJ).
"The sharing of cost is still being negotiated but I think it is only fair that China (and) Australia, together with Malaysia, find a way to share (and) bear the cost," Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein said as quoted by the report from WSJ.
Malaysia had already spent RM27.6 million ringgit and Australia had allocated A$89.9 million (about RM266 million) for the search.
As for conspiracy theory and the undying speculation that the plane is still safe and hidden in a secret location, Johari had this to say:
"How can Malaysia hide the facts when the search and rescue mission involved 26 countries and every discussion in Canberra or Beijing is also attended by the governments of Australia and China? I wish to stress that the people should not be easily fooled by the social media, and should refer to mainstream media for the latest and accurate information."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions