The Originals Season 2 Spoilers: Aussie Actress Phoebe Tonkin Talks about Hayley-Elijah Relationship, Filming Fight Scene in Dark New Season Underway
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 8, 2014 11:38 AM EST
"The Originals" Season 2 production is currently in progress but the cast members granted panel interviews to tease the events that will happen in the CW spinoff series. Aussie actress Phoebe Tonkin, who portrays Hayley, talked about what her character will be like in the new season as well as the Hayley-Elijah romance.
At the 2014 CW Upfronts, the 24-year-old actress teased that her character Hayley has evolved in the TV series from being a tough werewolf to a lost hybrid after giving birth and sending her newborn daughter away to protect her. "She's basically played every level of emotion, right now, she doesn't who she is... and it's kind of sad, but it's going to be great to find her again," Tonkin explained during the interview.
As for the Hayley-Elijah relationship, Phoebe Tonkin teased that the two characters will get to know each other again in "The Originals" Season 2. The Aussie actress explained that Elijah (Daniel Gillies) only knew Hayley in Season 1 as a "mother-to-be" and now that everything the older Mikaelson sibling knew about her is gone after the transformation, the two will get to know each other a little bit again.
Phoebe Tonkin further revealed in the interview that she herself is a "Haylijah" or Hayley-Elijah shipper because of the undeniable chemistry between the two characters. The actress admitted that she loves working with co-star Daniel Gillies and it would make her happy if Hayley will end up with Elijah in the end of the TV series. Click HERE to watch video.
Meanwhile, the director and writers of "The Originals" are busy working on the upcoming new season. The Enstars spoiler report revealed that director Jeffrey Hunt films an upcoming fight sequence while the writers tease about the TV series heading towards a dark direction.
"You know it's a good day in the room when everyone shakes their heads a pitch and says 'that's really dark, but it's great' #TheOriginals," the show's writers posted on their official Twitter account @OGsWriters on Tuesday, July 1. Director Jeffrey Hunt has been teasing about "The Originals" Season 2 as well on Twitter with the behind-the-scenes photos that includes the fight scene. Click HERE to see photos.
"The Originals" Season 2 is scheduled to premiere on Monday night, Oct 6, at 8 pm ET/PT on the CW Network.
You know it's a good day in the room when everyone shakes their heads at a pitch and says "that's really dark, but it's great" #TheOriginals
— Originals Writers (@OGsWriters) July 1, 2014
More Articles to Read:
The Originals Cast Members Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies and Charles Michael Davis Tease About Season 2 Events [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
The Originals Season 2 Spoilers: Team of Writers Back to Work, Tease on Twitter about an Awesome New Season - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff