PS4 Games: Details, Sightings and Final Touches for Driveclub, Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us
By Gel Galang | July 8, 2014 11:37 AM EST
"Driveclub," the PS4 exclusive racing game, has faced its own string of delays and changes. But as the released date of October comes creeping, more details are coming out for the title.
Shoppers browse for video games near a poster advertising a FIFA soccer video game played on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console, at an electronics retail store in Tokyo June 10, 2014.
PES 2015 Updates: PS4 Confirmed at 1080p/60FPS, Xbox One Unsure; Microtransactions, New System Introduced
Xbox One Gaming Updates: Titanfall’s Possible DLC Modes, Ghosts’ Newest Fixes and New ID@Xbox Titles Revealed
The latest is a string of Q&As that game director Paul Rustchynsky has held via Twitter, where it was revealed that the title will not make use of the PS4 camera.
— Jason Gregory (@jqgregory) July 4, 2014
According to DualShockers, it seems that the PS4 camera will not have a role in "Driveclub." But what could be an issue for some players of the game is that customisation of performance is not included in the title. The reason for this, to quote Rustchynsky is this, "We're just not that sort of game. It's about immediacy, accessibility and fun. So they're all to real life spec."
A related report on "Driveclub" points out that a "dedicated car viewer" is not yet available for the game, but this also suggests that it can still be part of the game in the future.
Still, "Driveclub" is looking at some events, including Gamescom before its October release date, and Sony as already confirmed that "Driveclub" will find its way to the event. Best to expect more details there.
No Delays Faced by 'The Last of Us Remastered'
While a couple of PS4 games have been delayed including "Driveclub," the hyped "The Last of Us Remastered" may be on track for a timely release. Jason Gregory, the lead programmer for the game has confirmed via Twitter that production for "The Last of Us Remastered" is now at the QA stage.
Part of the tweet reveals some SKUs slated for the PS4 release, but the main issue here is that there does not seem to be any issues that would cause a delay in the release date.
'Beyond: Two Souls' Spotted in German Retailer
Sony has not yet made any announcements regarding the possible porting of Quantic Dream's "Beyond: Two Souls" for the PS4, but it seems that German retailers are jumping the ship beforehand with a new listing.
Spotted by PlayStation Universe, the PS4 version of "Beyond: Two Souls" has been listed with the price tag of SFr. 89.00. What's more, a release date of September 2014 has been tagged in the listing.
There's a big chance that this is merely a placeholder, but given how Sony has not yet announced the PS4 port of "Beyond: Two Souls," it's best to take this first with a grain of salt. Check out the link above to see the listing in German.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How