PS4 Games: Details, Sightings and Final Touches for Driveclub, Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us
By Gel Galang | July 8, 2014 11:37 AM EST
"Driveclub," the PS4 exclusive racing game, has faced its own string of delays and changes. But as the released date of October comes creeping, more details are coming out for the title.
Shoppers browse for video games near a poster advertising a FIFA soccer video game played on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console, at an electronics retail store in Tokyo June 10, 2014.
PES 2015 Updates: PS4 Confirmed at 1080p/60FPS, Xbox One Unsure; Microtransactions, New System Introduced
Xbox One Gaming Updates: Titanfall’s Possible DLC Modes, Ghosts’ Newest Fixes and New ID@Xbox Titles Revealed
The latest is a string of Q&As that game director Paul Rustchynsky has held via Twitter, where it was revealed that the title will not make use of the PS4 camera.
— Jason Gregory (@jqgregory) July 4, 2014
According to DualShockers, it seems that the PS4 camera will not have a role in "Driveclub." But what could be an issue for some players of the game is that customisation of performance is not included in the title. The reason for this, to quote Rustchynsky is this, "We're just not that sort of game. It's about immediacy, accessibility and fun. So they're all to real life spec."
A related report on "Driveclub" points out that a "dedicated car viewer" is not yet available for the game, but this also suggests that it can still be part of the game in the future.
Still, "Driveclub" is looking at some events, including Gamescom before its October release date, and Sony as already confirmed that "Driveclub" will find its way to the event. Best to expect more details there.
No Delays Faced by 'The Last of Us Remastered'
While a couple of PS4 games have been delayed including "Driveclub," the hyped "The Last of Us Remastered" may be on track for a timely release. Jason Gregory, the lead programmer for the game has confirmed via Twitter that production for "The Last of Us Remastered" is now at the QA stage.
Part of the tweet reveals some SKUs slated for the PS4 release, but the main issue here is that there does not seem to be any issues that would cause a delay in the release date.
'Beyond: Two Souls' Spotted in German Retailer
Sony has not yet made any announcements regarding the possible porting of Quantic Dream's "Beyond: Two Souls" for the PS4, but it seems that German retailers are jumping the ship beforehand with a new listing.
Spotted by PlayStation Universe, the PS4 version of "Beyond: Two Souls" has been listed with the price tag of SFr. 89.00. What's more, a release date of September 2014 has been tagged in the listing.
There's a big chance that this is merely a placeholder, but given how Sony has not yet announced the PS4 port of "Beyond: Two Souls," it's best to take this first with a grain of salt. Check out the link above to see the listing in German.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’