Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto VI Will Be Released This June 2017 - Reports
By Tanya Diente | July 8, 2014 11:28 AM EST
Reports have surfaced online claiming "Grand Theft Auto VI" might be coming in the summer of 2017 and it will be entitled "Return to Vice City."
An attendee tries on the Oculus VR Inc. Rift Development Kit 2 headset at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. There has been a rising interest in virtual reality platforms among publishers and developers, who hope the years-old technology -- which creates a 360-degree view that immerses players in fantasy settings -- can finally become a viable platform to reverse shrinking video game industry revenues and draw a new generation of users. Picture taken June 11, 2014.
The Epoch Times pointed out that some of the rumor mongers have claimed "Grand Theft Auto VI" was announced at this year's E3. The game has reportedly targeted June 2017 as its exact release date.
It is unclear how the rumours started, since most of them are not being circulated by anyone who can point to a credible source. However, thenextdigit speculated that it could be because of the poor sales of "GTA V." The site reported that since its launch in the summer of 2013, "GTA V" had not had any market whatsoever.
Additionally, the site claimed the initial rumours were reportedly triggered during this year's E3, when Rockstar rolled out the updates for "GTA V." Fans probably assumed the updates were for "Grand Theft Auto VI." When in fact, what was announced at the E3 was the next generation "GTA V" for the PC, Xbox One and Ps4.
After approximately 6 months after "GTA V," Rockstar is reportedly still trying hard to give the game its solid platform by providing updates every now and then.
Another assumption on the rumours' origin is said to be from YouTube. A user has claimed "Grand Theft Auto VI" will be released during E3. The user could have meant E3 in 2015 and not this year's E3.
According to The Epoch Times, it is unlikely that Rockstar would be announcing a new "Grand Theft Auto" game anytime soon since the fifth installment is still coming out for the next-gen consoles and the PC. Rockstar is yet to release and establish the next-gen "GTA V" before coming up with "Grand Theft Auto VI."
Also, Rockstar is reportedly busy updating "GTA Online." The company recently released a new DLC for "GTA Online," the Independence Day Special, which was geared towards celebrating the Fourth of July.
With no reliable source to confirm the release of "Grand Theft Auto VI," players would have to be contented with their own copies of "GTA V" or the next-gen version due out this fall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Updates: Character Creation On Sept 29, Final Resolution And Dynamic NPC Encounters
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate