Star Wars: Episode VII: Watch The 'Set Footage,' Filming on Hiatus, Two New Casts Added
By Tanya Diente | July 8, 2014 11:20 AM EST
A leaked "footage" of what a "Star Wars" set would look like has been making the rounds on the internet. Adding to this news is the recent announcement that although filming is on a hiatus, production has added two more casts to "Star Wars: Episode VII."
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Producer and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy has released an official press release on the production of "Star Wars: Episode VII." Collider has provided a copy of the full statement here.
Filming is scheduled to take a two-week hiatus in August "while adjustments to the current production schedule are made." This is to give time for Harrison Ford's leg injury to recover. Kennedy added that the Han Solo actor is "doing well and is looking forward to returning to the set soon."
Despite the hiatus, Kennedy assured fans that "Star Wars: Episode VII" is still on track to open on Dec. 18, 2015. The production has even added two more casts.
"Having hunted high and low for young and undiscovered talent, the filmmakers are delighted to announce that two actors from the open call have been cast," Kathleen Kennedy said on her press release.
After a total of 67,000 submissions that went out to all "aspiring actors," Lucasfilm has cast two roles in "Star Wars: Episode VII." No word yet as to the details of the roles, but the actors have instantly been introduced. American actress Crystal Clarke and British actor Pip Anderson joins the cast of the sci-fi film.
Clarke studied at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. Next year, she will be in a supporting role in "The Moon and the Sun" starring alongside Pierce Brosnan, William Hurt, Benjamin Walker, Kaya Scodelario and Rachel Griffiths. Meanwhile, Anderson is known for his inventive Sony ad for an "Amazing Spider-man" tie in a few years ago. He goes by the nickname Piptrix on YouTube where he showcases his skills in parkour.
In a statement to Starwars.com, Kathleen Kennedy noted, "The Star Wars universe has always been about discovering and nurturing young talent and in casting Episode VII we wanted to remain absolutely faithful to this tradition. We are delighted that so many travelled to see us at the open casting calls and that we have been able to make Crystal and Pip a part of the film."
Finally, among the other "Star Wars" news going around the internet is the YouTube video from Frank Wunderlich. According to Collider, the homemade video is a look at what a "leaked footage" of a "Star Wars" set could look like if all the technology used in all "Star Wars" films were to actually exist in reality. His video on YouTube has already gained 1,247,983 views.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 19 Spoilers: Major Confrontations And More Drama Stirs Up In Genoa City
- ‘NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Spoilers: Episode 9 'Traitor' Airs On Nov. 24, 2014, Hetty Orders A Lockdown To Locate The Mole In The ‘NCIS LA’ Team Who Has Put Granger’s Life In Danger [WATCH VIDEO]
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots