Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F Spotted in Black: New Details and Release Date for Samsung Galaxy Note 4
By Gel Galang | July 8, 2014 11:18 AM EST
A couple of leaks for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F have been coming out apart from the rumours of its production. Previous reports have pointed to two renderings of the device in two colours.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
More recently, a live image leak of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F has been spotted in an up-close shot of the device, which showed a metal frame alongside a possible removable plastic back.
This time, a new image has been sighted featuring the full-body shot of the alleged Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F. Phone Arena reports that @Evleaks is once again responsible for the new image.
Compared to the earlier live leak, this image makes it impossible to confirm whether the bezel is indeed slimmer when compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5. This is because the phone is shown in front view, but the actual device is shut off.
The source does provide a few more images that were previously leaked, including one image that shows off the device with the "Samsung Galaxy F" flashed onscreen.
As far as the specs are concerned, the metal body is still up for debate, as some are viewing the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F as the device that would boost the South Korean company's lineup of devices to a more premium level.
Other specs include a quad HD display, a 16-megapixel front camera and the Snapdragon 805 chip with LTE-A speeds boosting it to 225Mbps.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4's Possible Release Date and Features
Beyond the specs and expected features of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, one other aspect that has kept fans is the anticipated release date for the device.
But so far, the closest that has been seen for the release date is a possible event at the IFA trade fair, according to Know Your Mobile. The report takes its clues from the Korea Times, but even the basis of this is on Samsung's own consideration of whether or not they should hold a launch event at the event.
Another interesting point tagged to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is that it may be one of the thinner devices made. The source states that a possible shift in design for the device may be slated this year, as leaked images appear to be slimmer and blockier in appearance compared to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
In addition to this, some of the features coming with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 includes the 20.7-megapixel camera, a possible 64-bit processor (though the specifics of which are not yet revealed), the 5.6-inch Super AMOLED HD display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 2.5 GHz quad-core processor and what could be the Android L OS.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales