Schumacher’s Wife Sets Aside Some ‘Me’ Time, Makes First Public Appearance After Skiing Accident
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 8, 2014 10:38 AM EST
Corinna, Michael Schumacher's wife, has made her first public appearance since her husband's skiing accident.
Several German news outlets have published the photos of Corinna, who was seen smiling and looking in high spirits at the Reining Reiter European Championship horse-riding event. She was dressed in jeans and casual white blouse looking jubilant and giving everyone a warm smile.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
According to Schweizer Illustrierte, she hosted the Western-style horse-riding tournament on her CS Ranch at Givrins, Switzerland. She was joined by her children Gina Maria, 17, and Mick, 15. Sabine Kehm, Michael's manager and family spokesman, was also in attendance.
A spectator commented Corinna had kind words for everyone. "She was not too bad to push away a wheelbarrow with manure in front of the barn," another spectator was quoted saying.
Corinna has been married to Michael for 18 years. They married on Aug. 1,1995 at a civil ceremony in Kerpen and remarried at a church wedding four days later. She is an equestrian and an organizer of international horse shows.
After Michael's tragic skiing accident in the slopes of Meribel in December, Corinna has stood by him and never gave up believing that he will wake up from coma.
Reportedly, she has stayed by Michael's bed side at least eight to 10 hours every day while he was being treated in the University of Hospital in Grenoble.
On June 16, it has been revealed that Michael has already emerged from coma. He is currently being treated at a rehabilitation clinic in Lausanne, Switzerland. The family took to Michael's official Web site recently to thank fans for their support.
"We would like to thank all the people who wish Michael well for their positive energies," said in a statement.
"We are sure they had helped him already."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date