Schumacher’s Wife Sets Aside Some ‘Me’ Time, Makes First Public Appearance After Skiing Accident
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 8, 2014 10:38 AM EST
Corinna, Michael Schumacher's wife, has made her first public appearance since her husband's skiing accident.
Several German news outlets have published the photos of Corinna, who was seen smiling and looking in high spirits at the Reining Reiter European Championship horse-riding event. She was dressed in jeans and casual white blouse looking jubilant and giving everyone a warm smile.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
According to Schweizer Illustrierte, she hosted the Western-style horse-riding tournament on her CS Ranch at Givrins, Switzerland. She was joined by her children Gina Maria, 17, and Mick, 15. Sabine Kehm, Michael's manager and family spokesman, was also in attendance.
A spectator commented Corinna had kind words for everyone. "She was not too bad to push away a wheelbarrow with manure in front of the barn," another spectator was quoted saying.
Corinna has been married to Michael for 18 years. They married on Aug. 1,1995 at a civil ceremony in Kerpen and remarried at a church wedding four days later. She is an equestrian and an organizer of international horse shows.
After Michael's tragic skiing accident in the slopes of Meribel in December, Corinna has stood by him and never gave up believing that he will wake up from coma.
Reportedly, she has stayed by Michael's bed side at least eight to 10 hours every day while he was being treated in the University of Hospital in Grenoble.
On June 16, it has been revealed that Michael has already emerged from coma. He is currently being treated at a rehabilitation clinic in Lausanne, Switzerland. The family took to Michael's official Web site recently to thank fans for their support.
"We would like to thank all the people who wish Michael well for their positive energies," said in a statement.
"We are sure they had helped him already."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid