Schumacher’s Wife Sets Aside Some ‘Me’ Time, Makes First Public Appearance After Skiing Accident
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 8, 2014 10:38 AM EST
Corinna, Michael Schumacher's wife, has made her first public appearance since her husband's skiing accident.
Several German news outlets have published the photos of Corinna, who was seen smiling and looking in high spirits at the Reining Reiter European Championship horse-riding event. She was dressed in jeans and casual white blouse looking jubilant and giving everyone a warm smile.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
According to Schweizer Illustrierte, she hosted the Western-style horse-riding tournament on her CS Ranch at Givrins, Switzerland. She was joined by her children Gina Maria, 17, and Mick, 15. Sabine Kehm, Michael's manager and family spokesman, was also in attendance.
A spectator commented Corinna had kind words for everyone. "She was not too bad to push away a wheelbarrow with manure in front of the barn," another spectator was quoted saying.
Corinna has been married to Michael for 18 years. They married on Aug. 1,1995 at a civil ceremony in Kerpen and remarried at a church wedding four days later. She is an equestrian and an organizer of international horse shows.
After Michael's tragic skiing accident in the slopes of Meribel in December, Corinna has stood by him and never gave up believing that he will wake up from coma.
Reportedly, she has stayed by Michael's bed side at least eight to 10 hours every day while he was being treated in the University of Hospital in Grenoble.
On June 16, it has been revealed that Michael has already emerged from coma. He is currently being treated at a rehabilitation clinic in Lausanne, Switzerland. The family took to Michael's official Web site recently to thank fans for their support.
"We would like to thank all the people who wish Michael well for their positive energies," said in a statement.
"We are sure they had helped him already."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate