Schumacher’s Wife Sets Aside Some ‘Me’ Time, Makes First Public Appearance After Skiing Accident
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 8, 2014 10:38 AM EST
Corinna, Michael Schumacher's wife, has made her first public appearance since her husband's skiing accident.
Several German news outlets have published the photos of Corinna, who was seen smiling and looking in high spirits at the Reining Reiter European Championship horse-riding event. She was dressed in jeans and casual white blouse looking jubilant and giving everyone a warm smile.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
According to Schweizer Illustrierte, she hosted the Western-style horse-riding tournament on her CS Ranch at Givrins, Switzerland. She was joined by her children Gina Maria, 17, and Mick, 15. Sabine Kehm, Michael's manager and family spokesman, was also in attendance.
A spectator commented Corinna had kind words for everyone. "She was not too bad to push away a wheelbarrow with manure in front of the barn," another spectator was quoted saying.
Corinna has been married to Michael for 18 years. They married on Aug. 1,1995 at a civil ceremony in Kerpen and remarried at a church wedding four days later. She is an equestrian and an organizer of international horse shows.
After Michael's tragic skiing accident in the slopes of Meribel in December, Corinna has stood by him and never gave up believing that he will wake up from coma.
Reportedly, she has stayed by Michael's bed side at least eight to 10 hours every day while he was being treated in the University of Hospital in Grenoble.
On June 16, it has been revealed that Michael has already emerged from coma. He is currently being treated at a rehabilitation clinic in Lausanne, Switzerland. The family took to Michael's official Web site recently to thank fans for their support.
"We would like to thank all the people who wish Michael well for their positive energies," said in a statement.
"We are sure they had helped him already."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter