Schumacher’s Wife Sets Aside Some ‘Me’ Time, Makes First Public Appearance After Skiing Accident
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 8, 2014 10:38 AM EST
Corinna, Michael Schumacher's wife, has made her first public appearance since her husband's skiing accident.
Several German news outlets have published the photos of Corinna, who was seen smiling and looking in high spirits at the Reining Reiter European Championship horse-riding event. She was dressed in jeans and casual white blouse looking jubilant and giving everyone a warm smile.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
According to Schweizer Illustrierte, she hosted the Western-style horse-riding tournament on her CS Ranch at Givrins, Switzerland. She was joined by her children Gina Maria, 17, and Mick, 15. Sabine Kehm, Michael's manager and family spokesman, was also in attendance.
A spectator commented Corinna had kind words for everyone. "She was not too bad to push away a wheelbarrow with manure in front of the barn," another spectator was quoted saying.
Corinna has been married to Michael for 18 years. They married on Aug. 1,1995 at a civil ceremony in Kerpen and remarried at a church wedding four days later. She is an equestrian and an organizer of international horse shows.
After Michael's tragic skiing accident in the slopes of Meribel in December, Corinna has stood by him and never gave up believing that he will wake up from coma.
Reportedly, she has stayed by Michael's bed side at least eight to 10 hours every day while he was being treated in the University of Hospital in Grenoble.
On June 16, it has been revealed that Michael has already emerged from coma. He is currently being treated at a rehabilitation clinic in Lausanne, Switzerland. The family took to Michael's official Web site recently to thank fans for their support.
"We would like to thank all the people who wish Michael well for their positive energies," said in a statement.
"We are sure they had helped him already."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone