The Giver Big Reveals: Taylor Swift Talks Preparation for Role as Rosemary and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 8, 2014 10:25 AM EST
Taylor Swift has come a long way in terms of achieving a blossoming career. From a teenage country singer, the "Red" singer and songwriter rose to stardom and became a pop superstar. Now the songstress doesn't waver as she sets foot to shine on the big screens as Rosemary in the new movie "The Giver," starring Jeff Bridges, Meryl Streep and Brenton Thwaites.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014.
The 24-year-old songstress is soon to grace the movie theatres in her new role as Rosemary in the new dystopian movie "The Giver," which is based on Lois Lowry's young adult novel of the same name.
"In order to prepare for the role of Rosemary, I figured out what memory I had in my own life that would make me want to make the choice that she made," the songstress revealed in a recent interview with a Taylor Swift fan site called Taylor Swift Web.
The story of "The Giver" is known to greatly revolve around a boy named Jonas, who is played by Brenton Thwaites in the movie adaptation. Swift's character Rosemary, who is being described as the Receiver of Memory who gave up and found Release, on the other hand, will have a brief exposure in the movie as confirmed in the first movie trailer that only exposed the songstress for a second or so.
Admitting that she is into reading scripts, but has apparently only been in "very tiny parts" in her previous movies and apparently even the current one, Swift revealed that it is because she was "always waiting" for what appears to be the perfect role before she fully commits herself into a movie.
"When I read The Giver - first of all, I remembered reading the book, and I remember it deeply affecting me in school. But picturing the characters played by Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep, and these incredible actors who had already signed on to the project, it was absolutely an honour to be approached to play Rosemary," Taylor Swift also told the fan site.
According to Washington Post, Taylor Swift's role in "The Giver" will be very small. Producer Nikki Silver confirmed the report with a joke on stage at the Library of Congress in May, saying that it always makes "The Giver" team laugh whenever people announce Taylor Swift after the name of Academy Award winners, Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep, who both have big roles in the movie.
"The Giver," directed by Phillip Noyce, starring Bridges and Streep, Brenton Thwaites, Alexander Skarsgard, Katie Holmes, Odeya Rush and Taylor Swift to name a few, hits theatres on Aug 15, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports