The Giver Big Reveals: Taylor Swift Talks Preparation for Role as Rosemary and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 8, 2014 10:25 AM EST
Taylor Swift has come a long way in terms of achieving a blossoming career. From a teenage country singer, the "Red" singer and songwriter rose to stardom and became a pop superstar. Now the songstress doesn't waver as she sets foot to shine on the big screens as Rosemary in the new movie "The Giver," starring Jeff Bridges, Meryl Streep and Brenton Thwaites.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014.
The 24-year-old songstress is soon to grace the movie theatres in her new role as Rosemary in the new dystopian movie "The Giver," which is based on Lois Lowry's young adult novel of the same name.
"In order to prepare for the role of Rosemary, I figured out what memory I had in my own life that would make me want to make the choice that she made," the songstress revealed in a recent interview with a Taylor Swift fan site called Taylor Swift Web.
The story of "The Giver" is known to greatly revolve around a boy named Jonas, who is played by Brenton Thwaites in the movie adaptation. Swift's character Rosemary, who is being described as the Receiver of Memory who gave up and found Release, on the other hand, will have a brief exposure in the movie as confirmed in the first movie trailer that only exposed the songstress for a second or so.
Admitting that she is into reading scripts, but has apparently only been in "very tiny parts" in her previous movies and apparently even the current one, Swift revealed that it is because she was "always waiting" for what appears to be the perfect role before she fully commits herself into a movie.
"When I read The Giver - first of all, I remembered reading the book, and I remember it deeply affecting me in school. But picturing the characters played by Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep, and these incredible actors who had already signed on to the project, it was absolutely an honour to be approached to play Rosemary," Taylor Swift also told the fan site.
According to Washington Post, Taylor Swift's role in "The Giver" will be very small. Producer Nikki Silver confirmed the report with a joke on stage at the Library of Congress in May, saying that it always makes "The Giver" team laugh whenever people announce Taylor Swift after the name of Academy Award winners, Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep, who both have big roles in the movie.
"The Giver," directed by Phillip Noyce, starring Bridges and Streep, Brenton Thwaites, Alexander Skarsgard, Katie Holmes, Odeya Rush and Taylor Swift to name a few, hits theatres on Aug 15, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date