Nexus 6 vs. LG G3 – Early Specifications, Features and Price Comparison
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 8, 2014 10:09 AM EST
The 2014 flagship smartphone from LG, the G3, was released in May 2014, while the Nexus 6 release date is slated for October or November 2014. With selected region release, LG G3 was given a thumbs-up from most of the reviewers across the globe. This phone comes bundled with terrific features, superior hardware/software performances and a stunning camera unit. While the upcoming Nexus 6, with its stand-out features and powerful hardware specification is the talk of the town. Readers who are interested in the Nexus 6 or the LG G3 should check out this specification and price comparison.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business.
Foxconn to Employ Robots to Assist with iPhone 6 Assembly; New Design Renders Show Gold, Gray and Silver iPhone 6
Display and Exterior
Both LG G3 and Nexus 6 feature the same, gigantic 5.5-inches display bundled with a phenomenal screen resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels (2K display). Also, both the phones can provide up to pixel strength of 534 ppi. These killer screen specifications provide incredible viewing experience in the humongous phablet-like screens of both G3 and Nexus 6.
However, the difference comes in the form of exterior. The LG G3's exterior is made of plastic material, but the metal effect on the plastic body looks convincing enough to give the much-appreciated metallic look. Whereas the Nexus 6 is expected to feature aluminum edges with thin bezels, a much-required change from the plain plastic exterior of its predecessor Nexus 5. It is worth noting that, the Nexus 6 will reportedly feature water and dust resistant exterior, while the LG G3 doesn't.
Hardware, Software and Memory
The LG G3 is powered by quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.5 GHz. Meanwhile, the Nexus 6 will reportedly be powered by a superior quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 805) Krait 450 processor, clocked at 2.7 GHz. However, according to KnowYourMobile, the Nexus 6 will feature a quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip clocked at 1.5 GHz, or an octa-core MT6752 SoC clocked at 2.0 GHz, along with 3 GB of RAM. Therefore, the hardware specification pertaining to Nexus 6, although relatively better than G3, is unconfirmed at this point.
In addition, both the phones come with 16 GB and 32 GB of internal storage. While the LG G3 supports microSD card slot for expansion up to 128 GB, Google Nexus 6 is expected to follow suit. It is worth noting that, the predecessor Nexus 5 does not come with microSD slot.
Camera and Battery
Both the phones house 13 MP front-facing cameras, while the Nexus 6 will feature a LED flash, the LG G3 has gone one step ahead and it provides Dual-LED flash. The secondary camera specifications of LG G3 and Nexus 6 are 2.1 MP and 5 MP respectively.
In addition, the LG G3 can shoot 4K (3,840 x 2,160) videos, while there is no information available pertaining to Nexus 6 at this point. It is worth noting that, LG G3 is known for its killer 'camera software' specification. Some of the peculiar features of the G3 include 'Laser Autofocus Sensor' and 'Selfie' Mode. LG claims that the laser autofocus sensor functionality is very quick, as it takes only 0.276 seconds to focus. Additionally, the camera also features simultaneous video/image recording and voice activation.
According to reports, the upcoming Nexus 6 will house a 3100 mAh battery unit, whereas the LG G3 comes with a user-replaceable 3000 mAh battery.
1. Nexus 6 will be equipped with fingerprint scanner and dust/water proof exterior, while the LG G3 doesn't.
2. In addition, both the phones support NFC. It is worth noting that, the predecessor Nexus 5 already supports NFC.
3. The real competition to Nexus 6 with respect to display comes from LG G3 with the same 5.5 inches screen. Otherwise, the current top-selling smartphones like the Galaxy S5, Xperia Z2 and HTC One M8 come with 5.1 inches, 5.2 inches and 5.0 inches display respectively.
4. Notably, the unique 2K screen resolution of both the devices guarantee extraordinary viewing experience for users and none of the other top-sellers boast this display.
5. Also, the LG G3 has built-in wireless charging capability.
The LG G3 is priced at AU$759.95 in Australia. The Australian version of LG G3 is LG-D855 model that comes with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage combination. Hence, the 3 GB variant of LG G3 is not available in Australia.
According to an Indian mobile retailer 91Mobiles, the upcoming Nexus 6 could be priced at Rs.40000 (roughly translates to US$655 and AU$706). Readers should note that, the aforementioned price details pertaining to Nexus 6 should be taken with a grain of salt owing to the speculated price range.
Nexus 8 vs. Nexus 7 - Early Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
Nokia X2 vs. Moto E - Specifications, Features and Price Comparison
Nokia Lumia 635 vs. Moto G (4G) - Specifications, Release Date and Price Comparison
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health