Cloud Assumes More Prominence in the Internet of Things
By Kalyan Kumar | July 8, 2014 9:18 AM EST
Cloud computing adoption has been on for the past few years. But a recent Gartner survey said companies deploying cloud are moving on to hybrid cloud.
According to Cloud Computing News, the Gartner survey quoted IT managers wanting a hybrid model which is a mixture of private and public cloud models. This is more pertinent in the backdrop of the expanding universe of the Internet of things (IoT).
The rate of Cloud adoption as in hybrid cloud is set to grow in the coming years. The IoT moves beyond the smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops embracing thousands of devices capable of Internet access and expanding its reach.
The IoT means an exponential increase of devices and transmission of huge data over the Internet. The emergence of special-purpose clouds will be essential for tackling these connecting devices and machines. They can gather data quickly and perform quick analysis of it with the ability to instantly respond to the devices. This will be the new focus of cloud computing.
The ability to connect with anything will help in operating devices to have more intelligence than machines. These devices will be more intelligent and operate effectively and self-repair themselves.
In this context, Microsoft's vision of data culture is significant. According to a Cite World reported drafted by Simon Bison, the concept of cloud in Microsoft is driven by the vision of its new CEO Satya Nadella's. It is all about ubiquitous computing and ambient intelligence. This kind of cloud variant will handle the complexity and enormity of all smart endpoints to deliver data for analysis and use those analytics to make decisions.
Azure Cloud Platform
The tools required to capture and analyze the data will need a certain scale. The Microsoft's Azure cloud platform offers to capture and analyze such data. That is why Azure service and the Azure Intelligent Systems Service by Microsoft are the backbones of IoT, the article observed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones