Google Keen on Halting Android Defragmentation
By Kalyan Kumar | July 8, 2014 9:10 AM EST
Google has recently rolled out Android Wear, a companion app, connecting all wearable devices to the handset devices as reported by Beta News.
The new app will give users the ability to manage their wearables and adjust their preferences for voice commands in the Android Wear and increase the user's experience. This is available at the Android Wear section on Google Play.
This is part of Google's effort to integrate wearable devices with other devices. With this, many tech analysts are tracing a strategic approach by Google. The search giant's approach to Android security has been analyzed by John Mello, Jr. technology commentator, in an article published in Techtimes. He observed Google is taking a different stand for Android in other devices barring smartphones.
Google seems to tackle fragmentation and get past it by preventing fragmentation from happening. There are millions of smartphones in the market and controlling millions of expectations will be a problem
The Android users have many versions of Android operating systems. They vary because it is dependent on parties other than Google. A majority of users are running versions of Android introduced in 2012 or before. What Google aims an open operating system that provides consistent user experience, as the article observed. It also gives an opportunity for Google to ward off criticism about the difficulties in upgrading to newer versions of Android.
In smartphones, such consistency across different brands is not very important. In the time to come, Google initiatives like TVs and smartwatches take off and consumers will demand more consistency between such products and smartphones. Such an emerging market will give Google more leverage to demand cleaner software interfaces from its phone partners, the article cited.
Since Android fragmentation is seen as a contributor to many security problems in Android, the Google approach in favor of defragging Android will pay off, the article stressed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet