Croc in NSW Zoo Bites Hand of Caretaker Who Feeds it Daily as 60 Horrified Visitors Watch
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 8, 2014 8:53 AM EST
The adage that condemns a person who bites the hand the feeds him is applicable to what a saltwater crocodile at the Shoahaven Zoo in New South Wales did to its caretaker on Sunday noon.
Reports said that the reptile, named John, bit the hand of its caretaker, Trent Burton, as he was giving the croc a piece of meat and then dragged him to the water. The man had been the 3.7-metre beast's feeder and caretaker for the past 10 years.
Snake Eats Crocodile after a Battle in Australia
Fortunately, John released his hold on Burton's hand when he flipped and landed on his fierce pet. All of these were happening as about 60 terrified zoo visitors witnessed the gruesome event.
Although the 31-year-old zookeeper was bleeding profusely, paramedics said his wounds were minor, but he was brought to the Shoalhaven district hospital where he was already in stable condition as of Sunday night. Doctors are still examining if the croc caused internal damages to the trainer's hand.
Reports also said that Burton had puncture marks on his right arms. His finger are intact but may require some stitches.
Zoo authorities said they would review their procedures as a result of the croc attack.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28