Homeland Season 4 Update: Who is In, Who is New and Who is Out of the New Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 8, 2014 8:19 AM EST
The character of Mike Faber is unlikely to return in "Homeland" Season 4. Diego Klattenhoff, who plays Faber, has ruled out the possibility of his character appearing in the upcoming, new season.
"Brody's dead and I think they've moved on. I had such a great run, but from what I understand, Carrie (Claire Danes) is gone overseas and I don't know how they would squeeze it in," Klattenhoff, who is starring in "The Blacklist" as a series regular, said to Digital Spy.
Damian Fleming is not returning, as his character Brody is gone for good. However, Mandy Patinkin is set to return as Carrie's mentor Saul. Also, Rupert Friend and Nazanin Boniadi are returning in Season 4.
Brody's death has also resulted in the demotion of Morgan Saylor, who plays the teenage daughter of Brody, Dana, and Morena Baccarin, who portrays the role of Brody's wife, Jessica. These two actresses will no longer appear as series regulars in Season 4 of "Homeland," which is currently filming in South Africa. These two actresses are not leaving the show, but they will appear as guest-stars in Season 4, with limited appearances.
As Carrie will shift to Middle East, taking up the responsibility of the station chief there, a number of new characters are set to be introduced.
Here are the new additions:
Raza Jaffrey has been roped in to play Aasar Khan, a decorated lieutenant-colonel in the Pakistan intelligence service. He has a heavily recurring role. According to reports, "Homeland" Season 4 is set in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
Michael O'Keefe will be seen playing the role of John Redmond, the deputy station chief, Pakistan outpost of CIA. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Redmond will be seen butting heads with Carrie. O'Keefe also has a recurring role.
Laila Robbins is the new series regular for Season 4. She will be playing Martha Boyd, the U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan. She has been described as someone who is "professional" and "put together."
Corey Stoll will appear as a guest star, playing the role of CIA Chief of Station in Pakistan.
Suraj Sharma is joining the cast of "Homeland" to play the character of Aayan Ibrahim, a Pakistani medical student who crosses paths with Carrie Mathison. Like Jaffrey, Sharma also has a heavily recurring role.
In "Homeland" Season 4, Carrie will be "assigned to one of the most volatile and dangerous CIA stations in the Middle East where she is back on the front lines in the war on terror."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar