Homeland Season 4 Update: Who is In, Who is New and Who is Out of the New Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 8, 2014 8:19 AM EST
The character of Mike Faber is unlikely to return in "Homeland" Season 4. Diego Klattenhoff, who plays Faber, has ruled out the possibility of his character appearing in the upcoming, new season.
"Brody's dead and I think they've moved on. I had such a great run, but from what I understand, Carrie (Claire Danes) is gone overseas and I don't know how they would squeeze it in," Klattenhoff, who is starring in "The Blacklist" as a series regular, said to Digital Spy.
Damian Fleming is not returning, as his character Brody is gone for good. However, Mandy Patinkin is set to return as Carrie's mentor Saul. Also, Rupert Friend and Nazanin Boniadi are returning in Season 4.
Brody's death has also resulted in the demotion of Morgan Saylor, who plays the teenage daughter of Brody, Dana, and Morena Baccarin, who portrays the role of Brody's wife, Jessica. These two actresses will no longer appear as series regulars in Season 4 of "Homeland," which is currently filming in South Africa. These two actresses are not leaving the show, but they will appear as guest-stars in Season 4, with limited appearances.
As Carrie will shift to Middle East, taking up the responsibility of the station chief there, a number of new characters are set to be introduced.
Here are the new additions:
Raza Jaffrey has been roped in to play Aasar Khan, a decorated lieutenant-colonel in the Pakistan intelligence service. He has a heavily recurring role. According to reports, "Homeland" Season 4 is set in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
Michael O'Keefe will be seen playing the role of John Redmond, the deputy station chief, Pakistan outpost of CIA. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Redmond will be seen butting heads with Carrie. O'Keefe also has a recurring role.
Laila Robbins is the new series regular for Season 4. She will be playing Martha Boyd, the U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan. She has been described as someone who is "professional" and "put together."
Corey Stoll will appear as a guest star, playing the role of CIA Chief of Station in Pakistan.
Suraj Sharma is joining the cast of "Homeland" to play the character of Aayan Ibrahim, a Pakistani medical student who crosses paths with Carrie Mathison. Like Jaffrey, Sharma also has a heavily recurring role.
In "Homeland" Season 4, Carrie will be "assigned to one of the most volatile and dangerous CIA stations in the Middle East where she is back on the front lines in the war on terror."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots