Homeland Season 4 Update: Who is In, Who is New and Who is Out of the New Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 8, 2014 8:19 AM EST
The character of Mike Faber is unlikely to return in "Homeland" Season 4. Diego Klattenhoff, who plays Faber, has ruled out the possibility of his character appearing in the upcoming, new season.
"Brody's dead and I think they've moved on. I had such a great run, but from what I understand, Carrie (Claire Danes) is gone overseas and I don't know how they would squeeze it in," Klattenhoff, who is starring in "The Blacklist" as a series regular, said to Digital Spy.
Damian Fleming is not returning, as his character Brody is gone for good. However, Mandy Patinkin is set to return as Carrie's mentor Saul. Also, Rupert Friend and Nazanin Boniadi are returning in Season 4.
Brody's death has also resulted in the demotion of Morgan Saylor, who plays the teenage daughter of Brody, Dana, and Morena Baccarin, who portrays the role of Brody's wife, Jessica. These two actresses will no longer appear as series regulars in Season 4 of "Homeland," which is currently filming in South Africa. These two actresses are not leaving the show, but they will appear as guest-stars in Season 4, with limited appearances.
As Carrie will shift to Middle East, taking up the responsibility of the station chief there, a number of new characters are set to be introduced.
Here are the new additions:
Raza Jaffrey has been roped in to play Aasar Khan, a decorated lieutenant-colonel in the Pakistan intelligence service. He has a heavily recurring role. According to reports, "Homeland" Season 4 is set in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
Michael O'Keefe will be seen playing the role of John Redmond, the deputy station chief, Pakistan outpost of CIA. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Redmond will be seen butting heads with Carrie. O'Keefe also has a recurring role.
Laila Robbins is the new series regular for Season 4. She will be playing Martha Boyd, the U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan. She has been described as someone who is "professional" and "put together."
Corey Stoll will appear as a guest star, playing the role of CIA Chief of Station in Pakistan.
Suraj Sharma is joining the cast of "Homeland" to play the character of Aayan Ibrahim, a Pakistani medical student who crosses paths with Carrie Mathison. Like Jaffrey, Sharma also has a heavily recurring role.
In "Homeland" Season 4, Carrie will be "assigned to one of the most volatile and dangerous CIA stations in the Middle East where she is back on the front lines in the war on terror."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles