Sherlock Season 4 to take Sherlock and Watson into Deeper, Darker Water, Special Episode Confirmed
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 8, 2014 8:18 AM EST
It has now been officially confirmed that BBC has ordered "Sherlock" Season 4. Also, the producers of the hugely popular T.V. series have confirmed that in addition to the three episodes of the season, there is a special, bonus episode, as well. Martin Freeman had hinted about this special episode in one of his interviews. The new season of "Sherlock" promises to take the two principal characters into deeper and darker water.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch smiles as he arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 3, 2014.
"#Sherlock, the hit @BBCOne drama, will return for a Special, followed by a series of three new episodes. #221back," BBCONE shared on Twitter. "Series Four! At last ! It's always special to return to Sherlock but this time it's even more special as we're doing... a Special!" Mark Gatiss, co-creator of the show, also confirmed the news about the special episode.
The shooting of the special episode is scheduled to begin in Jan. 2015. BBCONE tweeted, "We're ready to unleash the most shocking and surprising series of #Sherlock yet. The only thing is to expect is the unexpected... #221back."
Gatiss has said that the new season of the show will take Sherlock and Dr John Watson "into deeper and darker water than ever before." Steven Moffat, co-creator of the show, added that "... we're reasonably confident that the very next thing to happen to Sherlock and John, is the very last thing you'd expect..."
The shoot of the three episodes is expected to begin later next year. There may be a delay in the announcement of the shooting schedule because of Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's busy acting schedules.
"It's taken a little while to get the dates sorted as none of the boys are exactly sitting back twiddling their thumbs but there was unanimous goodwill to make this work, so we're thrilled that 221b is going to be inhabited again," said Sue Vertue, executive producer at Hartswood Films.
As the filming will begin in 2015, it can be very much expected that "Sherlock" Season 4 is likely to premiere in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles