Sherlock Season 4 to take Sherlock and Watson into Deeper, Darker Water, Special Episode Confirmed
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 8, 2014 8:18 AM EST
It has now been officially confirmed that BBC has ordered "Sherlock" Season 4. Also, the producers of the hugely popular T.V. series have confirmed that in addition to the three episodes of the season, there is a special, bonus episode, as well. Martin Freeman had hinted about this special episode in one of his interviews. The new season of "Sherlock" promises to take the two principal characters into deeper and darker water.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch smiles as he arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 3, 2014.
"#Sherlock, the hit @BBCOne drama, will return for a Special, followed by a series of three new episodes. #221back," BBCONE shared on Twitter. "Series Four! At last ! It's always special to return to Sherlock but this time it's even more special as we're doing... a Special!" Mark Gatiss, co-creator of the show, also confirmed the news about the special episode.
The shooting of the special episode is scheduled to begin in Jan. 2015. BBCONE tweeted, "We're ready to unleash the most shocking and surprising series of #Sherlock yet. The only thing is to expect is the unexpected... #221back."
Gatiss has said that the new season of the show will take Sherlock and Dr John Watson "into deeper and darker water than ever before." Steven Moffat, co-creator of the show, added that "... we're reasonably confident that the very next thing to happen to Sherlock and John, is the very last thing you'd expect..."
The shoot of the three episodes is expected to begin later next year. There may be a delay in the announcement of the shooting schedule because of Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's busy acting schedules.
"It's taken a little while to get the dates sorted as none of the boys are exactly sitting back twiddling their thumbs but there was unanimous goodwill to make this work, so we're thrilled that 221b is going to be inhabited again," said Sue Vertue, executive producer at Hartswood Films.
As the filming will begin in 2015, it can be very much expected that "Sherlock" Season 4 is likely to premiere in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet