Sherlock Season 4 to take Sherlock and Watson into Deeper, Darker Water, Special Episode Confirmed
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 8, 2014 8:18 AM EST
It has now been officially confirmed that BBC has ordered "Sherlock" Season 4. Also, the producers of the hugely popular T.V. series have confirmed that in addition to the three episodes of the season, there is a special, bonus episode, as well. Martin Freeman had hinted about this special episode in one of his interviews. The new season of "Sherlock" promises to take the two principal characters into deeper and darker water.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch smiles as he arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 3, 2014.
"#Sherlock, the hit @BBCOne drama, will return for a Special, followed by a series of three new episodes. #221back," BBCONE shared on Twitter. "Series Four! At last ! It's always special to return to Sherlock but this time it's even more special as we're doing... a Special!" Mark Gatiss, co-creator of the show, also confirmed the news about the special episode.
The shooting of the special episode is scheduled to begin in Jan. 2015. BBCONE tweeted, "We're ready to unleash the most shocking and surprising series of #Sherlock yet. The only thing is to expect is the unexpected... #221back."
Gatiss has said that the new season of the show will take Sherlock and Dr John Watson "into deeper and darker water than ever before." Steven Moffat, co-creator of the show, added that "... we're reasonably confident that the very next thing to happen to Sherlock and John, is the very last thing you'd expect..."
The shoot of the three episodes is expected to begin later next year. There may be a delay in the announcement of the shooting schedule because of Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's busy acting schedules.
"It's taken a little while to get the dates sorted as none of the boys are exactly sitting back twiddling their thumbs but there was unanimous goodwill to make this work, so we're thrilled that 221b is going to be inhabited again," said Sue Vertue, executive producer at Hartswood Films.
As the filming will begin in 2015, it can be very much expected that "Sherlock" Season 4 is likely to premiere in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]