How to Do 5-Week JLo Vegan Diet
July 8, 2014 1:30 AM EST
Many times you need to follow drastic measures to get the ultimate results. Some people may have been dieting for weeks then reach a plateau for several days. It was as if your body has stopped responding to workouts, diet and supplement.
Singer Jennifer Lopez performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park
Jennifer Lopez has a five-week vegan diet. The hot mom shared this when she finally reached her target weight by taking on the program.
1. Things to avoid
The goal is to eliminate meat, dairy products and gluten for five weeks. The approach will put the body into a revved up condition, helping you shed the final 8 to 10 pounds. Stick to plants and vegetables. Avoid processed and fatty foods in the next five weeks.
2. Work out
To get maximum results, continue hitting the gym three to five times a week, doing a combination of cardiovascular and weight training exercises. Try circuit training to boost your metabolism and put your body into fat-burning mode. Target large muscles through compound exercises to burn more calories.
3. Change often
Change your exercise routine every seven to 10 days to keep your body in adaptive mode. If the body is constantly put under stress in your workouts in the next five weeks, you can burn more fat. Also change the kinds of vegetables you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner to excite your taste buds.
4. Have a mentor
Look for someone to guide you through the five-week vegan diet plan. Some people will find it hard to maintain the diet and exercise routinely after the initial two weeks. If you feel like binging on food, talk to your mentor and get tips on how to stave off hunger pangs.
5. Get enough sleep
Since you will be eating fewer calories, you have to stay energized by sleeping enough at night. Have seven to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. Take a 30- to 60-minute nap during the day. If you feel weak for a workout, skip one day then resume on your next scheduled workout day. Do not feel bad about having to skip the workout to help your body recover.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Her Parenting Secrets To Kim Kardashian
- New Ebola Strain in Congo Spark Fears of Outbreak Across Africa; More Flight Cancellations Hamper Aid
- Low-Carb and High Protein Diet Combo is The World's Best Diet
- "Sex Superbug" Puts Doctors on High Alert: A New Strain of Highly Resistant Gonorrhoea was Found in Australia
- 'Hair Of The Dog': A Cure For Hangovers
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- US, Syria to Work Together to Vaporise ISIS
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU