How to Do 5-Week JLo Vegan Diet
July 8, 2014 1:30 AM EST
Many times you need to follow drastic measures to get the ultimate results. Some people may have been dieting for weeks then reach a plateau for several days. It was as if your body has stopped responding to workouts, diet and supplement.
Singer Jennifer Lopez performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park
Jennifer Lopez has a five-week vegan diet. The hot mom shared this when she finally reached her target weight by taking on the program.
1. Things to avoid
The goal is to eliminate meat, dairy products and gluten for five weeks. The approach will put the body into a revved up condition, helping you shed the final 8 to 10 pounds. Stick to plants and vegetables. Avoid processed and fatty foods in the next five weeks.
2. Work out
To get maximum results, continue hitting the gym three to five times a week, doing a combination of cardiovascular and weight training exercises. Try circuit training to boost your metabolism and put your body into fat-burning mode. Target large muscles through compound exercises to burn more calories.
3. Change often
Change your exercise routine every seven to 10 days to keep your body in adaptive mode. If the body is constantly put under stress in your workouts in the next five weeks, you can burn more fat. Also change the kinds of vegetables you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner to excite your taste buds.
4. Have a mentor
Look for someone to guide you through the five-week vegan diet plan. Some people will find it hard to maintain the diet and exercise routinely after the initial two weeks. If you feel like binging on food, talk to your mentor and get tips on how to stave off hunger pangs.
5. Get enough sleep
Since you will be eating fewer calories, you have to stay energized by sleeping enough at night. Have seven to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. Take a 30- to 60-minute nap during the day. If you feel weak for a workout, skip one day then resume on your next scheduled workout day. Do not feel bad about having to skip the workout to help your body recover.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- 12 Terrifyingly Healthy Halloween Treats
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- ‘Death Sentence’ For 50,000 Australians With The Refusal Of Costly Hep C Treatment
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28