How to Do 5-Week JLo Vegan Diet
July 8, 2014 1:30 AM EST
Many times you need to follow drastic measures to get the ultimate results. Some people may have been dieting for weeks then reach a plateau for several days. It was as if your body has stopped responding to workouts, diet and supplement.
Singer Jennifer Lopez performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park
Jennifer Lopez has a five-week vegan diet. The hot mom shared this when she finally reached her target weight by taking on the program.
1. Things to avoid
The goal is to eliminate meat, dairy products and gluten for five weeks. The approach will put the body into a revved up condition, helping you shed the final 8 to 10 pounds. Stick to plants and vegetables. Avoid processed and fatty foods in the next five weeks.
2. Work out
To get maximum results, continue hitting the gym three to five times a week, doing a combination of cardiovascular and weight training exercises. Try circuit training to boost your metabolism and put your body into fat-burning mode. Target large muscles through compound exercises to burn more calories.
3. Change often
Change your exercise routine every seven to 10 days to keep your body in adaptive mode. If the body is constantly put under stress in your workouts in the next five weeks, you can burn more fat. Also change the kinds of vegetables you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner to excite your taste buds.
4. Have a mentor
Look for someone to guide you through the five-week vegan diet plan. Some people will find it hard to maintain the diet and exercise routinely after the initial two weeks. If you feel like binging on food, talk to your mentor and get tips on how to stave off hunger pangs.
5. Get enough sleep
Since you will be eating fewer calories, you have to stay energized by sleeping enough at night. Have seven to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. Take a 30- to 60-minute nap during the day. If you feel weak for a workout, skip one day then resume on your next scheduled workout day. Do not feel bad about having to skip the workout to help your body recover.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Gene That Stops Spreading of Lung Cancer - Identified by Latest Study.
- Teenage Boys Desire Intimacy and Close Relationships: Study
- Young Women Scientists Face Sexual Harassments While Working on Scientific Field: Study Says
- Breakthrough in HIV Medications: Two Australian Men and One In Rockford 'Cured'
- The Great Australian Sex Census Decodes Sex Technology Habits of Australians
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June