How to Do 5-Week JLo Vegan Diet
July 8, 2014 1:30 AM EST
Many times you need to follow drastic measures to get the ultimate results. Some people may have been dieting for weeks then reach a plateau for several days. It was as if your body has stopped responding to workouts, diet and supplement.
Singer Jennifer Lopez performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park
Jennifer Lopez has a five-week vegan diet. The hot mom shared this when she finally reached her target weight by taking on the program.
1. Things to avoid
The goal is to eliminate meat, dairy products and gluten for five weeks. The approach will put the body into a revved up condition, helping you shed the final 8 to 10 pounds. Stick to plants and vegetables. Avoid processed and fatty foods in the next five weeks.
2. Work out
To get maximum results, continue hitting the gym three to five times a week, doing a combination of cardiovascular and weight training exercises. Try circuit training to boost your metabolism and put your body into fat-burning mode. Target large muscles through compound exercises to burn more calories.
3. Change often
Change your exercise routine every seven to 10 days to keep your body in adaptive mode. If the body is constantly put under stress in your workouts in the next five weeks, you can burn more fat. Also change the kinds of vegetables you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner to excite your taste buds.
4. Have a mentor
Look for someone to guide you through the five-week vegan diet plan. Some people will find it hard to maintain the diet and exercise routinely after the initial two weeks. If you feel like binging on food, talk to your mentor and get tips on how to stave off hunger pangs.
5. Get enough sleep
Since you will be eating fewer calories, you have to stay energized by sleeping enough at night. Have seven to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. Take a 30- to 60-minute nap during the day. If you feel weak for a workout, skip one day then resume on your next scheduled workout day. Do not feel bad about having to skip the workout to help your body recover.
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Spreads Through Red Cross Vaccine - Ghana Nurse ‘Testifies’; The Truth About Red Cross
- Ebola Outbreak Blamed on Infected Bushmeat; First Family to Catch Virus Hunted Bats
- Ebola Is Changing The Religious Landscape In West Africa
- Ebola Outbreak To Continue Until Effective Vaccine Surfaces; 120,000 Women To Die of Childbirth
- Ebola Does Not Infect But Scares Southwestern College To Evacuate Students
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage