How to Do 5-Week JLo Vegan Diet
July 8, 2014 1:30 AM EST
Many times you need to follow drastic measures to get the ultimate results. Some people may have been dieting for weeks then reach a plateau for several days. It was as if your body has stopped responding to workouts, diet and supplement.
Singer Jennifer Lopez performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park
Jennifer Lopez has a five-week vegan diet. The hot mom shared this when she finally reached her target weight by taking on the program.
1. Things to avoid
The goal is to eliminate meat, dairy products and gluten for five weeks. The approach will put the body into a revved up condition, helping you shed the final 8 to 10 pounds. Stick to plants and vegetables. Avoid processed and fatty foods in the next five weeks.
2. Work out
To get maximum results, continue hitting the gym three to five times a week, doing a combination of cardiovascular and weight training exercises. Try circuit training to boost your metabolism and put your body into fat-burning mode. Target large muscles through compound exercises to burn more calories.
3. Change often
Change your exercise routine every seven to 10 days to keep your body in adaptive mode. If the body is constantly put under stress in your workouts in the next five weeks, you can burn more fat. Also change the kinds of vegetables you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner to excite your taste buds.
4. Have a mentor
Look for someone to guide you through the five-week vegan diet plan. Some people will find it hard to maintain the diet and exercise routinely after the initial two weeks. If you feel like binging on food, talk to your mentor and get tips on how to stave off hunger pangs.
5. Get enough sleep
Since you will be eating fewer calories, you have to stay energized by sleeping enough at night. Have seven to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. Take a 30- to 60-minute nap during the day. If you feel weak for a workout, skip one day then resume on your next scheduled workout day. Do not feel bad about having to skip the workout to help your body recover.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Peter Quillin Claims That Adriana Lima Will Beat Gisele In The Boxing Ring; Adriana's Weight Loss Through Boxing and A Paleo Diet
- Joan Rivers May Have Died From Propofol Like Michael Jackson
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Middleton's Morning Sickness Could Cause Risk Of Miscarriage[Watch Video]
- 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' Star Kourtney Kardashian Blamed For Khloe's Weight Gain Through Social Media Messages
- Caution to Diabetics: Artificial Sweeteners May Increase Blood Sugar Levels Based on Study
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone