LeBron James' Agent Rich Paul Wants to Bring LBJ Back to Cleveland Cavaliers
By James Patrick Quizon | July 8, 2014 12:24 AM EST
LeBron James going back to the Cleveland Cavaliers is gaining traction of late thanks to reports that his agent, Rich Paul is pushing his ward to return to his home state.
Add the trouble within the Miami camp, which apparently has failed to be in the same page with regards to the reunion of the “Big Three” of James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade, and the possibility of LBJ going home.
San Antonio Spurs fans taunt Miami Heat's LeBron James during the third quarter in Game 2 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 8, 2014.
“Rich Paul, the president of Klutch Sports, has been funneling belief into the organization that the Cavaliers are in strong position to lure James from the Miami Heat,” says a source by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
“For years, Paul has confided to people that bringing back James to Cleveland has been something of a mission for him, and he's encouraging Cavaliers officials to offer no restraint in the recruitment of James.”
Other NBA writers have also chimed in sharing a similar observation of the possibility of LBJ going back to Cleveland. Among them Chris Broussard of ESPN and Tony Rizzo, a writer for ESPN Cleveland:
Cleveland has replaced Miami as my frontrunner to land LeBron James...
— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 7, 2014
I'm not saying LJ to Cavs is done deal or I know 4 a fact; just my gut feeling based on many conversations I've had around this story... — Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 7, 2014
RUMOR: LBJ meeting with Dan and Z tonight. He's "leaning" towards coming home. Btw, Tues is 4 year anniversary of the decision.
— Tony Rizzo (@TheRealTRizzo) July 7, 2014
If Cleveland is serious in their chase for LeBron they still have to clear some cap space in order to give him the maximum contract.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions