LeBron James' Agent Rich Paul Wants to Bring LBJ Back to Cleveland Cavaliers
By James Patrick Quizon | July 8, 2014 12:24 AM EST
LeBron James going back to the Cleveland Cavaliers is gaining traction of late thanks to reports that his agent, Rich Paul is pushing his ward to return to his home state.
Add the trouble within the Miami camp, which apparently has failed to be in the same page with regards to the reunion of the “Big Three” of James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade, and the possibility of LBJ going home.
San Antonio Spurs fans taunt Miami Heat's LeBron James during the third quarter in Game 2 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 8, 2014.
“Rich Paul, the president of Klutch Sports, has been funneling belief into the organization that the Cavaliers are in strong position to lure James from the Miami Heat,” says a source by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
“For years, Paul has confided to people that bringing back James to Cleveland has been something of a mission for him, and he's encouraging Cavaliers officials to offer no restraint in the recruitment of James.”
Other NBA writers have also chimed in sharing a similar observation of the possibility of LBJ going back to Cleveland. Among them Chris Broussard of ESPN and Tony Rizzo, a writer for ESPN Cleveland:
Cleveland has replaced Miami as my frontrunner to land LeBron James...
— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 7, 2014
I'm not saying LJ to Cavs is done deal or I know 4 a fact; just my gut feeling based on many conversations I've had around this story... — Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 7, 2014
RUMOR: LBJ meeting with Dan and Z tonight. He's "leaning" towards coming home. Btw, Tues is 4 year anniversary of the decision.
— Tony Rizzo (@TheRealTRizzo) July 7, 2014
If Cleveland is serious in their chase for LeBron they still have to clear some cap space in order to give him the maximum contract.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan