Liverpool FC Transfer News: Southampton Defender Reveals Desire to Move to Anfield
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 7, 2014 11:59 PM EST
Southampton defender Dejan Lovren revealed his desire to move to Liverpool, after the Saints failed to hold onto their key personnel this offseason.
Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw, and Rickie Lambert will all don a different uniforms, while former manager Mauricio Pochettino is now in charge of Tottenham Hotspur.
“Look, I'd gladly stay in Southampton if the club had any ambitions, if they kept the key players.” - Dejan Lovren
The Reds are suggested to have made a £20million bid for the former Lyon man and from the looks of things, he will be more than glad to switch to a side who that has "ambitions."
"Look, I'd gladly stay in Southampton if the club had any ambitions, if they kept the key players," the 25-year-old told Sportske Novosti.
Lovren was the rock at the back or the St. Mary's Stadium-based club, making 31 appearances, that exceeded expectations early on during the 2013/14 Premier League season, but just failed to sustain their form all throughout, leading them to only an 8th place finish.
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Boxing News: WBC Announces Mandatory Fights For Each Division, WBC President Encourages Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight