Liverpool FC Transfer News: Southampton Defender Reveals Desire to Move to Anfield
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 7, 2014 11:59 PM EST
Southampton defender Dejan Lovren revealed his desire to move to Liverpool, after the Saints failed to hold onto their key personnel this offseason.
Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw, and Rickie Lambert will all don a different uniforms, while former manager Mauricio Pochettino is now in charge of Tottenham Hotspur.
“Look, I'd gladly stay in Southampton if the club had any ambitions, if they kept the key players.” - Dejan Lovren
The Reds are suggested to have made a £20million bid for the former Lyon man and from the looks of things, he will be more than glad to switch to a side who that has "ambitions."
"Look, I'd gladly stay in Southampton if the club had any ambitions, if they kept the key players," the 25-year-old told Sportske Novosti.
Lovren was the rock at the back or the St. Mary's Stadium-based club, making 31 appearances, that exceeded expectations early on during the 2013/14 Premier League season, but just failed to sustain their form all throughout, leading them to only an 8th place finish.
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced