Liverpool FC Transfer News: Benfica Winger Next on Reds' List after Landing Lille Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 7, 2014 10:27 PM EST
Liverpool have already sealed the deal in bringing in Lille striker Divock Origi, and is looking to snatch Benfica winger Lazar Markovic, as they prepare for a return to the Champions League next season.
Liverpool have reportedly agreed to bring in Lille striker Divock Origi for £10million
Sources suggest that the Merseyside outfit have agreed to hand out £10million for the 19-year-old, who got the starting nod during the quarter-final loss against Argentina ahead of Romelu Lukaku and Kevin Mirallas.
Origi came through the ranks at Lille after starting out as a member of the youth team. He has contributed 6 goals and an assist last season, helping the Great Danes book a Champions League qualifiers spot.
Meanwhile, the Reds are also looking to beef-up their midfield by cashing in on Markovic for £25million.
The Serbian international impressed top clubs after moving to Portugal from Partizan in July 2013. He was able to tally 7 goals and 4 assists in allcompetitions, and is versatile enough to play as a center-forward as well as on the left wing.
The 20-year-old was an integral part of Benfica's squad that reached the Europa League finals, after getting booted out of the Champions League group stage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Signs Using Odom’s Surname; Source Reveals Khloe Still ‘Proud’ Of Being Called Mrs. Odom