Liverpool FC Transfer News: Benfica Winger Next on Reds' List after Landing Lille Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 7, 2014 10:27 PM EST
Liverpool have already sealed the deal in bringing in Lille striker Divock Origi, and is looking to snatch Benfica winger Lazar Markovic, as they prepare for a return to the Champions League next season.
Liverpool have reportedly agreed to bring in Lille striker Divock Origi for £10million
Sources suggest that the Merseyside outfit have agreed to hand out £10million for the 19-year-old, who got the starting nod during the quarter-final loss against Argentina ahead of Romelu Lukaku and Kevin Mirallas.
Origi came through the ranks at Lille after starting out as a member of the youth team. He has contributed 6 goals and an assist last season, helping the Great Danes book a Champions League qualifiers spot.
Meanwhile, the Reds are also looking to beef-up their midfield by cashing in on Markovic for £25million.
The Serbian international impressed top clubs after moving to Portugal from Partizan in July 2013. He was able to tally 7 goals and 4 assists in allcompetitions, and is versatile enough to play as a center-forward as well as on the left wing.
The 20-year-old was an integral part of Benfica's squad that reached the Europa League finals, after getting booted out of the Champions League group stage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows