LeBron James Gives Wade, Bosh Cold Shoulder, Transfer to Lakers, Cavaliers, Suns Intensifies
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 7, 2014 10:26 PM EST
Where in the world is LeBron James?
Almost a week into the start of free agency the best basketball player in the world has been mum of his plans.
Miami Heat's LeBron James (L) passes over San Antonio Spurs' Boris Diaw of France during the second quarter in Game 1 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas June 5, 2014.
While reports of the Houston Rockets preparing to offer sweet shooting stretch four Chris bosh in the $80 to $90 million dollar range, the silence in the LeBron James camp has applied some tension to the Miami Heat triumvirate of James, Bosh and Dwayne Wade. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports tweeted July 7th on the growing weariness of the Bosh/Wade camp over the indecisiveness of King James:
Around Bosh/Wade, there's uneasiness about James' intent; uncertainty. No one's sure -- yet. Heat aren't done, but empire's teetering.
With reports of wobbling of the Miami Heat empire, positive news are ripe that team president Pat Riley is set to meet with LeBron himself and his agent, Rich Paul, early this week to flesh out the plans of the organization in meeting the requisites of the high flying James. LeBron has reportedly set two conditions to remain in South Beach, a maximum contract and new pieces to right the ship of the Heat.
This comes as a breath of fresh air to the Heat nation when in the past week Paul has sat down with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Phoenix Suns, Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks and Los Angeles Lakers to discuss the prospects of two-time NBA champion to join their teams.
Among those teams, Cleveland seems to be most focused to bring home their former superstar. They are dangling Jarrett Jack to the Brooklyn Nets for Marcus Thornton and are looking for a third team that can absorb Thornton's contract. This move will allow them to offer LeBron a maximum salary and sort of heal old wounds if it materializes.
The challenge of James to improve the roster is eerily similar to the demands made to former Cleveland Cavaliers general manager Chris Grant in 2010. This is a tall task for Miami given that it has only enough legroom to sign another marquee free agent and that free agent must sacrifice a lot of money to play with the Big Three.
Their targets have gone by one by one in the last few days by signing up for big bucks such as Kyle Lowry (4 years, $48 million to Toronto) and Marcin Gortat (5 years, $60 million to Washington). Other players who are available are either considering other destinations like Pau Gasol (Los Angeles, Oklahoma City, Chicago Bulls) or Deng (Dallas, Los Angeles). The names attached to Miami lately such as Marvin Williams and Anthony Morrow would not make much of an enticement to James to re-sign.
Media will sure be on the lookout for the next few days as it will be crucial to the Miami Heat free agent situation. LeBron's Nike-sponsored camp will run through from Tuesday to Saturday in Las Vegas and his camp has also mentioned that the star athlete will be in Brazil for the World Cup. How he squeezes Riley and his other suitors will be worth the watch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone