NBA Trade News: Indiana Pacers Want to Deal Roy Hibbert
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 7, 2014 8:16 PM EST
The Indiana Pacers want to retool and they want to do it quietly.
The franchise is not forgetting Roy Hibbert inconsistent performance in the last postseason and they are willing to trade him before the start of the 2014-2015 NBA season.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert (55) defends Miami Heat forward LeBron James (6) in the first half of game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
"They're open to making major changes, if they're there," a source told the Sporting News. "I think they'd be disappointed to see that same core group back intact, so it is a matter of, how drastic can the changes they make be? Moving Hibbert for multiple pieces would be a pretty drastic change, but they're asking."
The All-Star center averaged 10.8 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.2 blocked shots in 81 games for the Pacers in the regular season. That dropped in the playoffs to 9.3 PPG, 5.5 RPG and 1.4 BPG. He had two scoreless outings—Games 5 and 6-- in the first round series against the Atlanta Hawks. He also had a couple of very bad games-- zero points in Game 1 and just 4 points in game 6—in the second round against the Washington Wizards. Against the Miami Heat in the East Finals, he was blanked in Game 4.
For all his inconsistency, the main problem with Hibbert is his apparent lack of effort and chemistry with some of the Pacers particularly franchise player Paul George.
However, Hibbert is still just 27-years-old and a seven-footer that has skills around the basket offensively. On defense, he’s known as one of the best rim-protectors in the league. Other teams may be interested in the center, especially if he’s motivated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate