NBA Trade News: Indiana Pacers Want to Deal Roy Hibbert
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 7, 2014 8:16 PM EST
The Indiana Pacers want to retool and they want to do it quietly.
The franchise is not forgetting Roy Hibbert inconsistent performance in the last postseason and they are willing to trade him before the start of the 2014-2015 NBA season.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert (55) defends Miami Heat forward LeBron James (6) in the first half of game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
"They're open to making major changes, if they're there," a source told the Sporting News. "I think they'd be disappointed to see that same core group back intact, so it is a matter of, how drastic can the changes they make be? Moving Hibbert for multiple pieces would be a pretty drastic change, but they're asking."
The All-Star center averaged 10.8 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.2 blocked shots in 81 games for the Pacers in the regular season. That dropped in the playoffs to 9.3 PPG, 5.5 RPG and 1.4 BPG. He had two scoreless outings—Games 5 and 6-- in the first round series against the Atlanta Hawks. He also had a couple of very bad games-- zero points in Game 1 and just 4 points in game 6—in the second round against the Washington Wizards. Against the Miami Heat in the East Finals, he was blanked in Game 4.
For all his inconsistency, the main problem with Hibbert is his apparent lack of effort and chemistry with some of the Pacers particularly franchise player Paul George.
However, Hibbert is still just 27-years-old and a seven-footer that has skills around the basket offensively. On defense, he’s known as one of the best rim-protectors in the league. Other teams may be interested in the center, especially if he’s motivated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination