NBA Trade News: Indiana Pacers Want to Deal Roy Hibbert
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 7, 2014 8:16 PM EST
The Indiana Pacers want to retool and they want to do it quietly.
The franchise is not forgetting Roy Hibbert inconsistent performance in the last postseason and they are willing to trade him before the start of the 2014-2015 NBA season.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert (55) defends Miami Heat forward LeBron James (6) in the first half of game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
"They're open to making major changes, if they're there," a source told the Sporting News. "I think they'd be disappointed to see that same core group back intact, so it is a matter of, how drastic can the changes they make be? Moving Hibbert for multiple pieces would be a pretty drastic change, but they're asking."
The All-Star center averaged 10.8 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.2 blocked shots in 81 games for the Pacers in the regular season. That dropped in the playoffs to 9.3 PPG, 5.5 RPG and 1.4 BPG. He had two scoreless outings—Games 5 and 6-- in the first round series against the Atlanta Hawks. He also had a couple of very bad games-- zero points in Game 1 and just 4 points in game 6—in the second round against the Washington Wizards. Against the Miami Heat in the East Finals, he was blanked in Game 4.
For all his inconsistency, the main problem with Hibbert is his apparent lack of effort and chemistry with some of the Pacers particularly franchise player Paul George.
However, Hibbert is still just 27-years-old and a seven-footer that has skills around the basket offensively. On defense, he’s known as one of the best rim-protectors in the league. Other teams may be interested in the center, especially if he’s motivated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Blows Out Novak Djokovic as Top Contender For US Open Series – Tennis TV Poll
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide