Aldergrove Residents Advised To Boil Water For Drinking, Domestic Use
By Smitha Nambiar | July 7, 2014 6:08 PM EST
Low levels of coliform bacteria, found in the drinking water of residents in the township of Langley, B.C, Aldergrove has led the Fraser Heath Authority to issue a boil water advisory.
The residents of Langley, B.C Township in Aldergrove have been advised by the Fraser Heath Authority to boil their water for at least one minute after finding bacteria in a sample. The water, to be used for drinking and various other domestic use have to be brought to a rapid and rolling boil for one minute, said health authorities, until further tests are conducted to prove otherwise.
According to health officials, two consecutive tests with a gap of 24 hours are required to cancel the boil water advisory. The residents will have to wait until Tuesday, July 8, to know the test results. The test will reveal the level of contamination of the water which includes viruses, parasites and specific bacteria.
Consumption of contaminated water can make people very ill, causing diarrhea, nausea and stomach and intestinal illness among others. This can essentially be extremely fatal for small babies, kids and people with low immune system.
Few restaurants in the city too were affected by the boil water advisory issued by the Fraser health authority. "We had to bring in cases of bottled water, bags of ice and bottles of soft drinks since the restaurant's soft drink gun is attached to the water supply," says Angela McLaughlin who serves customers at the Bob's Steakhouse in Aldergrove. Many residents too were spotted shopping for bottled water.
However, till now, there has been no report of anybody falling ill or complaining of any sickness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- NASA Astronomers Unearths Mysterious Signal That 'Could Not Be Explained By Known Physics' [Watch Video]
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Industrial Air Pollution May Help Search for Alien Life - Scientists
- Luxury Cruise: A 'Once In A Lifetime' Trip To Experience Environment Devastation in the Arctic
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date