Aldergrove Residents Advised To Boil Water For Drinking, Domestic Use
By Smitha Nambiar | July 7, 2014 6:08 PM EST
Low levels of coliform bacteria, found in the drinking water of residents in the township of Langley, B.C, Aldergrove has led the Fraser Heath Authority to issue a boil water advisory.
The residents of Langley, B.C Township in Aldergrove have been advised by the Fraser Heath Authority to boil their water for at least one minute after finding bacteria in a sample. The water, to be used for drinking and various other domestic use have to be brought to a rapid and rolling boil for one minute, said health authorities, until further tests are conducted to prove otherwise.
According to health officials, two consecutive tests with a gap of 24 hours are required to cancel the boil water advisory. The residents will have to wait until Tuesday, July 8, to know the test results. The test will reveal the level of contamination of the water which includes viruses, parasites and specific bacteria.
Consumption of contaminated water can make people very ill, causing diarrhea, nausea and stomach and intestinal illness among others. This can essentially be extremely fatal for small babies, kids and people with low immune system.
Few restaurants in the city too were affected by the boil water advisory issued by the Fraser health authority. "We had to bring in cases of bottled water, bags of ice and bottles of soft drinks since the restaurant's soft drink gun is attached to the water supply," says Angela McLaughlin who serves customers at the Bob's Steakhouse in Aldergrove. Many residents too were spotted shopping for bottled water.
However, till now, there has been no report of anybody falling ill or complaining of any sickness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- UFO Sighting in Australia: A Mysterious 'Flying' Object With Changing Colors Observed[Watch Video]
- Volcano Eruption In Iceland: Lava Erupts More Than 50 Meters High, Prompts Aviation Alert [Video]
- Artificial Micro-Humans to Replace Animals in Lab Tests: 90 Million Animal Lives Would be Saved
- Images Of Solar Flare Captured By NASA [Watch Video]
- Volatile Volcanoes Are Waking Up
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones