How to Survive and Win on Masterchef Australia
July 7, 2014 4:16 PM EST
Masterchef Australia has become one of the most popular TV shows in the country because people can easily relate with contestants -- and now it's on Season 6. If you're planning, or dreaming, to become part of the show, at least learn the basics on how to survive and ultimately win the coveted apron. Of course, you have to know how to REALLY cook.
A dinner course is prepared at Wolvesden, an underground supper club created by chef Craig Thornton in his loft apartment, in Los Angeles
Here are some tested strategies that have helped previous winners get to the top.
1. Eliminate early threats
The strategy is employed several times on Masterchef. Early in the game, point out powerful players who are most likely bound to be in the finals. Eliminate them early on regardless of how well they perform in the tasks. They can prove to be your greatest foe in the later rounds.
2. Master your own recipes
Be prepared to wow the judges with your homemade recipes. Ask family and friends to try your creations then list down the ones that garner the most praises. When you join Masterchef Australia, your originality will be requested for a lot so it will be best to have these ready in your pocket.
3. Gain their sympathy
If you notice previous winners, they almost have a sad or touching story to tell behind each of their recipes. This will get the sympathy of judges and most particularly, the Australian audience. Communicating well with the viewers will mean higher ratings for the show. You will not get eliminated so easily if you show the "need" to win.
4. Know the judges
In the mystery box challenges, the ingredients featured will usually be the ones frequently used by the judges in their own restaurants. It will be best to do some research about the judges and know about their favorite recipes and ingredients. You will most likely come across one or more of these in the mystery box challenges. Prepare your recipes accordingly.
5. Master the kitchen
If you aim to be dubbed "Masterchef", you should at least have a mastery of all kitchen tools, procedures and styles. Knowing which tool or cooking appliance to use will save you a lot of time. You should also know several food presentations beforehand so you do not waste time thinking about the final design. Determine accurately the total minutes needed to cook a particular kind of meat or dish to work well under the time limit.
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James