How to Survive and Win on Masterchef Australia
July 7, 2014 4:16 PM EST
Masterchef Australia has become one of the most popular TV shows in the country because people can easily relate with contestants -- and now it's on Season 6. If you're planning, or dreaming, to become part of the show, at least learn the basics on how to survive and ultimately win the coveted apron. Of course, you have to know how to REALLY cook.
A dinner course is prepared at Wolvesden, an underground supper club created by chef Craig Thornton in his loft apartment, in Los Angeles
Here are some tested strategies that have helped previous winners get to the top.
1. Eliminate early threats
The strategy is employed several times on Masterchef. Early in the game, point out powerful players who are most likely bound to be in the finals. Eliminate them early on regardless of how well they perform in the tasks. They can prove to be your greatest foe in the later rounds.
2. Master your own recipes
Be prepared to wow the judges with your homemade recipes. Ask family and friends to try your creations then list down the ones that garner the most praises. When you join Masterchef Australia, your originality will be requested for a lot so it will be best to have these ready in your pocket.
3. Gain their sympathy
If you notice previous winners, they almost have a sad or touching story to tell behind each of their recipes. This will get the sympathy of judges and most particularly, the Australian audience. Communicating well with the viewers will mean higher ratings for the show. You will not get eliminated so easily if you show the "need" to win.
4. Know the judges
In the mystery box challenges, the ingredients featured will usually be the ones frequently used by the judges in their own restaurants. It will be best to do some research about the judges and know about their favorite recipes and ingredients. You will most likely come across one or more of these in the mystery box challenges. Prepare your recipes accordingly.
5. Master the kitchen
If you aim to be dubbed "Masterchef", you should at least have a mastery of all kitchen tools, procedures and styles. Knowing which tool or cooking appliance to use will save you a lot of time. You should also know several food presentations beforehand so you do not waste time thinking about the final design. Determine accurately the total minutes needed to cook a particular kind of meat or dish to work well under the time limit.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 19 Spoilers: Major Confrontations And More Drama Stirs Up In Genoa City
- ‘NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Spoilers: Episode 9 'Traitor' Airs On Nov. 24, 2014, Hetty Orders A Lockdown To Locate The Mole In The ‘NCIS LA’ Team Who Has Put Granger’s Life In Danger [WATCH VIDEO]
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots