Filipino Children Preyed Upon by Aussie Paedophiles via Live Web cam Sex Shows
By Athena Yenko | July 7, 2014 4:10 PM EST
Filipino children are being preyed upon by Australian paedophiles via live webcam sex shows as revealed by a case of a man from Victoria who had been sentenced to jail for accessing cybersex dens.
Sadly, the parents of these Filipino children were the ones who forced their children to perform live sex via Web cam for the Australian patrons in exchange for money.
Thousands of Filipino children are now being exploited via the growing cybersex trade, Philippines' Children's Legal Bureau lawyer Noemi Truya-Abarientos told Herald Sun.
She said the reality in the Philippines is that cyber sex dens are being operated with the parents' consent.
"These are operated by parents with their children and their neighbours' children as performers. In home-based child pornography, the families simply put up internet facilities, buy computer units or laptops, which have got cheap here. The client gives the instructions on what the child must do. If the foreigner gets bored with one child he orders for others to be brought in front of the webcam - this is when the neighbours are being involved. Then the neighbours learn the trade and get their own computer units and internet and so on. They are paid via money transfer companies here," Abarientos said.
In Australia, Victorian man Patrick Ronald Goggins was sentenced for 11 and a half years jail time after pleading guilty to 20 child sex offences. He was convicted of multiple counts of persistent sexual abuse of a child outside Australia, eight counts of engaging in sexual activity with a child outside Australia and soliciting and producing child pornography.
In totality, Goggins had spent at least $15,000 in paying for Filipino children to 'perform' for him via Web cam while he watch in his bedroom in Centre Dandenong Rd, Cheltenham.
However, the Australian Federal Police was able to monitor his emails until they found evidence of Goggins instructing Filipino children how he would like their performance be. He had victims as young as five, eight, fourteen and fifteen years-old.
In one family, Goggins was able to watch four sisters 'performing' for him for $28 for a whole day. Goggins told County Court Judge Sandra Davis that the children's mother saw the act as a way of earning money.
Justice Minister Michael Keenan vowed to hunt down and jail Australian paedophiles who participate in such sickening acts.
"Each pay-per-view image is a heinous crime scene. Every image captures an actual situation where a child is being abused. Online predators that instruct the abuse and exploitation of children using this type of activity can and will be detected by law enforcement. No area of the internet is immune from law enforcement activity and no form abuse or sexual exploitation of a child will be tolerated," Keenan said.
Those who knew of sexual predators online are encouraged to report directly to police or through the Virtual Global Taskforce Report Abuse page at www.virtualglobaltaskforce.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Volunteer Teen Rapes Orphans during Mission Trip
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga