Hobbit 3 Trailer to be Released in October Confirms Producer Peter Jackson
By Sachin Trivedi | July 7, 2014 4:06 PM EST
Movie buffs eagerly waiting for the trailer of "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" will have to wait till Oct 2014. The producer has confirmed that the teaser trailer is ready and has been submitted to Warner Bros. The movie continues the journey of a band a Dwarves led by Thorin and a hobbit called Bilbo Baggins.
Amanda Benavidez dressed as Thranduil, a character from J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit" attends the Anime Expo 2014 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California July 4, 2014. The Anime Expo 2014 is North America's largest celebration of Japanese animation and pop culture and runs through July 6. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
The producer of "Hobbit" 3 Peter Jackson confirmed in a Facebook post that the trailer for the upcoming movie will be released in Oct 2014. He said that the complex VFX shots for battle scenes are not yet up to his expectations and will take some time.
Fans of the series may be able to a see a teaser trailer however. The producer confirmed that the teaser trailer has been submitted to Warner Bros. The teaser trailer will be made available soon, he said in the post.
Fans are eager to see the rise of Sauron or the Necromancer in "Hobbit" 3. Another eagerly asked question is how the dragon Smaug will be killed. Readers who have seen the previous movie will remember that the dragon came out unharmed from the molten gold.
So far in the movie series viewers have seen the band of Dwarves, led by Thorin, make the journey to their mountain home in the hope of reclaiming it. Bilbo Baggins was tasked with finding the Arkenstone, a jewel from the heart of the mountain needed to unite the five armies of Dwarves.
Thorin has the right to claim to be a king due to his lineage. He will need the Arkenstone to make the five armies of the Dwarves to accept his claim. "Hobbit" 3 is expected to focus on how Thorin will convince the Dwarves and take on Smaug the dragon.
The shroud has also been lifted from the Necromancer. His armies were discovered by Gandalf and are on the march. The pale Orc, Azog the Defiler, still lives and wants to kill Thorin. Many of the other kingdoms like that of the Elves are oblivious to the future danger. Fans of the series are excited to see what happens next.
"Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" will be released on 26 Dec 2014 in Australia. The release date in the U.K is 12 Dec and in the U.S it will be released on 17 Dec. The movie is one of the most highly anticipated in 2014.
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen and Her Dragons [Read]
Star Wars 7: More Hints Point to Boba Fett and Mandalorians in the Movie [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones