Social Site for Real Estate Agents Beats Zillow in Terms of Listings
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 7, 2014 4:03 PM EST
New real estate social marketing site Nestbuilder.com has surpassed Zillow's total number of listings within half a year of its launch.
According to Goldman Small Cap Research, a research firm that began coverage of Nestbuilder.com's parent company RealBiz Media Group, Inc. (OTCQB: RBIZ), the Web site hosts 1.6 million real estate video listings to date. This means the Web site "has more listings than Zillow," Goldman Small Cap Research noted.
Since launching in March, RealBiz reported over 350,000 real estate agents and brokers have signed up for Nestbuilder.com. Based on user data collected by the company, consumers visiting Nestbuilder.com spent 6:53 minutes on the site, and visit 4.80 pages on the site, on average.
The company added that page views to the site have soared 196 per cent during the month of April. Fifty-one per cent of Web visitors were also return visitors.
As a result, the site's Alexa ranking has overtaken 100,000 Web sites to its current 128,061 rank. A Web site's Alexa ranking is based on number of unique visitors and page views, according to Alexa Internet, Inc.'s Web site.
In a statement in May, Realbiz President and Chief Revenue Officer Steve Marques enthused about the rapid growth of Nestbuilder Agent, Nestbuilder.com's video product, as well as the company's other newly launched video marketing platform, Microvideo App (MVA).
"While there is clearly a lot to be done, early indications for adoption of our marketing platforms are very encouraging," said Marques.
"We are also optimistic about the prospects of accelerating our products through our recently announced acquisition of ReachFactor and the letter of intent for partnership with zipLogix. These companies are trusted resources for more than 600,000 real estate agents and brokers," he added.
At least 24,000 videos are published on average every day for agents on MVA and Nestbuilder Agent, RealBiz said in the same news release.
Meanwhile, 113,092 total active listings have been made on the Virtual Tour platform. The company's May data showed that 24, 637 active real estate agents are using RealBiz Virtual Tour products.
RealBiz's Nestbuilder.com aims to bestow agents control over how they want to run marketing campaigns for their listings. The portal has been launched at a time when the only means for agents to capture leads is to buy them from listing companies and Web sites.
"Nestbuilder.com's mission is to both empower the real estate agent and to connect the homeowner and homebuyer directly with the agent in a personalized and meaningful relationship without interference from large, impersonal, third party lead generation sites," Marques noted.
"Homebuyers are able to create personalized video collections of potential homes to be set-up for review and sharing. Agents can quickly bring their listings to life via RealBiz's rich video conversion tools, and market their properties directly to homeowners and homebuyers in a personalized, customized, entertaining, and engaging format no matter where they are," he said.
RealBiz is a publicly traded company. Its stocks closed at $0.16, up by 6.67 per cent from its previous close.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- MH17: ‘Trademark Trolls’ Make Profit Out of the Tragedy
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports